Shop setup build log

Got 2 of the 8 speakers hooked up and the sub running tonight while I worked and im very pleased. The enclosure/sub was sounding really good and just the pair of 4's was plenty but ofcourse I have 6 more...so they'll be going in within a day or two.

The batteries were also sitting at 12.5v while playing at moderate levels for quite a while and they didnt budge, which is nice because I was having doubts on how well they would keep up without the charger. This is going to be a very loud setup in that little shop.

i still have a 60 amp power supply that will run all of that and elim charger all together

these things are great use them to demo all day / hell i got one running the board @shop

I honestly cant afford to do much else with this and this is pretty much free-standing with no draw on my single 20-amp circuit for the place, that's another factor.

clearly, my sony setup is far superior...
IMG_3912.jpg
i have the same radio in my shop - its free and takes up little space, but looks like your having fun with your poject - GL

Got the other rear corner pair of speakers hooked up earlier and it sounds even better with the stereo, I cant wait to wire up the remaining two corners. Im eventually going to get another handful of c-clamps to put on the I-beams on the ceiling to zip tie the speaker wire to and clean it up a bit.

DSCN3942.jpg

DSCN3943.jpg

Wiring everything up..

DSCN3944.jpg

Rotated back..

DSCN3945.jpg

It's actually pretty tidy

DSCN3946.jpg

wont that HU just bounce right of the box or no
No, there's a piece of foam under it now but stuff can move when its cranked up though.

And Matt brought over Noah's TL for the evening yesterday and did some bassrace practice and we also put my shop setup on the meter, finally

Did a 144 @ 34hz infront of the port //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and wasnt turned up very high Im pretty pleased, you can feel it moving your clothes from almost anywhere in the shop when the lows come in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.