Shop f*cked up my install

consumers pay the extra for good customer service(hopefully) and peace of mind
And thats what i try my best to do. i will bend over backwards for MOST of my customers. I say most because every store has those pain in the ass customers who think cause they bought one pair of cheap speakers from you two years ago think you you should do stuff for free.

What the shop in the op's case should have done is bench tested everything he brought in front of him so that they could have made sure that it worked. Thats what i do when someone buys something of the internet and brings it in to be installed.

And thats what i try my best to do. i will bend over backwards for MOST of my customers. I say most because every store has those pain in the ass customers who think cause they bought one pair of cheap speakers from you two years ago think you you should do stuff for free.
What the shop in the op's case should have done is bench tested everything he brought in front of him so that they could have made sure that it worked. Thats what i do when someone buys something of the internet and brings it in to be installed.
yep, you nailed it.

I had some components installed in my Silverado last year and they messed up the install. I could have done it myself but I figured that I would pay someone to have it done quickly. I burnt a pair of tweeters because the installer did not wire the tweeters to the crossover, instead he wired them to the factory wiring in the factory A piller.

My tweeters were replaced and the wiring was corrected.

it doesnt matter where you bought the item. if its brand new in the box then its new. they messed up. talk to the manager and ask what happened? look at your gains are they set differently? check behind them and take it in to argue.

maybe because every shop i have ever been into has sold overpriced crap? like l5 12s for like 300 bucks each and crap like that. I install all myself tho, but i could definitely understand saving thousands by not buying at a store.

Your missing my point. When you buy from a shop your buying more than just a box, your buying service, expertise and thier warranty for their work and anything you buy thru them. You don't get any of that when you buy online from a discount vendor.

I also buy my gear online and install myself, I encourage others to do the same. Buying your gear online and having a shop install it is a recipe for disaster for everyone involved. If I ran a shop I wouldn't install your ebay crap unless I bench test everything and charge you up the ying-yang for every minute I spend dealing with you. To the point where you would have been better off buying the gear from the shop.

You don't buy a steak at a grocery store and take it into a nice resturant and ask them to cook it for you because their steak is too expensive. Then expect them to fix it if the steak is tough or doesn't taste good. Either buy the steak on the menu or stay home and cook it yourself.

it doesnt matter where you bought the item. if its brand new in the box then its new. they messed up. talk to the manager and ask what happened? look at your gains are they set differently? check behind them and take it in to argue.
just because someone on the internet says "NIB" doesn't mean that it is and doesn't mean that they aren't defective. The messed up when they didn't check them.

Nope, Got a TV in just today Bad out of the box.

We find that a good portion of internet equipment is refurbs and B stock. And a very high portion of used stuff is bad, dead, or on it's way.

I'm actually learning that if you're not into installing it's best to buy from ONE shop. The more different hands on your system, the more complicated it is to get **** diagnosed, fixed, and/or replaced hassle free. You buy from the internet, the shop installs it then says it came out of the box blown. Now you have to figure out which of two batttles to fight. You buy one thing from one shop, one thing from another shop, another thing from a third shop, if you're not a natural at diagnosing things good luck figuring out which specific component is causing a problem and getting it replaced in one quick, easy trip. If everything comes from one shop and everything gets installed from one shop there's only one place to take responsibility if anything goes wrong and you get your problem diagnosed and fixed with less hassle assuming you didn't muck something up yourself.

praise.jpg

yessssa, priase dem wurds, ...some people on here i see deal with this **** everyday, i cant stand when people come in and ask what a good system would be then go on ebay and buy it and bring it back to me to install it, waste my time, trust me, im going to get some money of of those people, if anything messes up they are getting charged to take it out and put it back in

cant call the internet to fix your system when it messes up can you...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

but there are some tard installers, not all know what they are doing, but if we mess it up we will fix it

and 300$ for 12" L5s...thats called msrp, not over pricing stuff

Ok, I was going to install them myself, but figured they could do it quicker and I don't have a lot of free time. It was honestly a mexican who spoke hardly any english working on my car. I re-did everything today. I can't believe how horrible the work was. They had to use spacers for the mids, well they used some cheap plastic rings and didnt even fully mount the mids onto it. There was like a 1/2" gap between the mid and spacer and they used wood screws and screwed them straight into the sheet metal on my door panel at all kinds of funny angles. Next I find out that one of the wires going to the tweet is half-way falling off the crossover cause they ended up cutting it or something. It was hanging by literally 2-3 threads of copper and they just left it there. They tried to pull a quick one and use there cheap ass RCA's instead of the ones I provided and had to have them go back into there shop and look for them for me. Then I noticed my grills are missing that came with my ID comp set. Turns out the mexican installer had them in his car! I also found that the bass boost and gain were all the way up on the amp!!! It's a nine.2x so I can see why my tweets don't work now. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. It would be pretty pointless going there as I will never have them touch my car again, and I know they won't give me any kind of refund. This was Hi-class motorsports in melbourne florida by the way. Lesson learned, install your own ****....

Ok, I was going to install them myself, but figured they could do it quicker and I don't have a lot of free time. It was honestly a mexican who spoke hardly any english working on my car. I re-did everything today. I can't believe how horrible the work was. They had to use spacers for the mids, well they used some cheap plastic rings and didnt even fully mount the mids onto it. There was like a 1/2" gap between the mid and spacer and they used wood screws and screwed them straight into the sheet metal on my door panel at all kinds of funny angles. Next I find out that one of the wires going to the tweet is half-way falling off the crossover cause they ended up cutting it or something. It was hanging by literally 2-3 threads of copper and they just left it there. They tried to pull a quick one and use there cheap ass RCA's instead of the ones I provided and had to have them go back into there shop and look for them for me. Then I noticed my grills are missing that came with my ID comp set. Turns out the mexican installer had them in his car! I also found that the bass boost and gain were all the way up on the amp!!! It's a nine.2x so I can see why my tweets don't work now. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. It would be pretty pointless going there as I will never have them touch my car again, and I know they won't give me any kind of refund. This was Hi-class motorsports in melbourne florida by the way. Lesson learned, install your own ****....

FCK THEM, call imagration, call the police about the smell of weed, call sherif about counterfiet products. AFTER you go in there and serve him papers for small claims court for damages. See if they flintch. Dont do anything like burn it down because I am sure they would scam that one too by claiming top dollar high end products when they really had junk.

I am pretty good at install, I used to work at Audio Express, but I left because they ****. I did all my own install, EXCEPT the speakers in the door and rear deck. because I was lazy and tired from work and I was stoked about my new toys, I couldnt wait till I had time I needed them NOW!!!! I took it to a place that does installes on custom car, exotics cars, ect. Unique Car Audio. Gilbert Arizona.

The point is... know what your dealing with before you trust them with your PRIZE POSSESSIONS.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.