Shavenblazer - Not looking good.

Well he did say that he wouldnt be back in town by the amp until Monday. So hopefully he will ship tomorrow.

If I dont hear from him Ill call him.

I have used this computer and termlab several times over the past year or two, up until shortly before the trade. It is obviously an older computer, but it DID work. Shavenblazer is a good guy, I've dealt with him both buying and selling. He's always taken the short end if there was one. He's even given me extra wire just to help me out when he could.

I can't understand shipping an item worth over $100 without insurance, but you both took responsibility when you decided to do that. If he had received an amp that wasn't working it would be his job to pay for repairs, the same goes for you. If he hooked up the amp and said it didn't work you would have no way of knowing if he wired it up wrong, or powered it in a geo with stock battery at .3 ohms till it fried.

How can he know if you dropped it during opening it, or sat it on top of a huge magnet or something crazy?

You could have settled this privately but you chose to make a big thread about it. Now even if he traded you back you shot him in the foot, smearing his character and making his computer look bad. Maybe the computer did get damaged during shipping, but that's not his fault, and if it starts right up when he gets it he now will have trouble selling it to other forum members.

I have no harsh feelings, but for people saying shavenblazer needs to man up, I can say this is either user error, or shipping problems, neither of which I feel he is responsible.

Best luck guys, hope you get it worked out.

I have used this computer and termlab several times over the past year or two, up until shortly before the trade. It is obviously an older computer, but it DID work. Shavenblazer is a good guy, I've dealt with him both buying and selling. He's always taken the short end if there was one. He's even given me extra wire just to help me out when he could.
I can't understand shipping an item worth over $100 without insurance, but you both took responsibility when you decided to do that. If he had received an amp that wasn't working it would be his job to pay for repairs, the same goes for you. If he hooked up the amp and said it didn't work you would have no way of knowing if he wired it up wrong, or powered it in a geo with stock battery at .3 ohms till it fried.

How can he know if you dropped it during opening it, or sat it on top of a huge magnet or something crazy?

You could have settled this privately but you chose to make a big thread about it. Now even if he traded you back you shot him in the foot, smearing his character and making his computer look bad. Maybe the computer did get damaged during shipping, but that's not his fault, and if it starts right up when he gets it he now will have trouble selling it to other forum members.

I have no harsh feelings, but for people saying shavenblazer needs to man up, I can say this is either user error, or shipping problems, neither of which I feel he is responsible.

Best luck guys, hope you get it worked out.
if it was shipping problems then it is on the seller.. the buyer had no control of if the seller insured the item and/or packaged it properly so if it broke during that it is on the seller.. and if the computer wasn't sketchy to begin with it wouldn't have these problems.. he needs to trade back or buy gmonk a cheap dell or acer..

The seller didn't have control once it left his house. I'm telling you that computer worked. Why should he spend $200+ buying a new computer when this one may not have anything wrong with it, or could be repaired for next to nothing? He's already said he's willing to work with him, I think this should be settled by the two people involved through PM, email, or phone. Not forum bashing by outside parties (us).

if it was shipping problems then it is on the seller.. the buyer had no control of if the seller insured the item and/or packaged it properly so if it broke during that it is on the seller.. and if the computer wasn't sketchy to begin with it wouldn't have these problems.. he needs to trade back or buy gmonk a cheap dell or acer..
The seller didn't have control once it left his house. I'm telling you that computer worked. Why should he spend $200+ buying a new computer when this one may not have anything wrong with it, or could be repaired for next to nothing? He's already said he's willing to work with him, I think this should be settled by the two people involved through PM, email, or phone. Not forum bashing by outside parties (us).
Its still the sellers responsibilty to get the item there as described....ie WORKING. If it doesn't work when it gets there then it is the sellers responsibility to make it right. If the amp was jacked and didn't work when shaven received it then gmonk would have to man up and either trade back or get it repaired. Either trade back or get gmonk another cheap laptop.

Also, why would you need to take a battery out multiple times to get it to turn on???? After I pres the on button with it plugged in I shouldn't care if the battery is in there or not. That would have been a hint to me that the laptops ****ed.

What Im asking for is not unreasonable, just a simple tradeback because an item arrived not as described.
You are absolutely right. Half of what you traded for was busted. Not like a Vista laptop that could at least hold sale value, a win 98 laptop. I bet the guy didn't tell you what OS the laptop had, did he?

hopefully all gets worked out in the end. if for some reason he will not do the trade back i have a laptop i could sell him for $100 shipped. not sure of all the specs but it is a compaq i think 4 years old (new enough that it has vista on it). the battery holds a charge but not for a long time. other than that the only other thing that is wrong with it is that one of the hinges on the screen broke......i ended up putting 2 small bolts in it. it now opens/closes good, but the small bolts are visible. i can get pictures of it if this sounds like something that would work for you guys.

You say what you want i sent the pics of the same dam computer that you have working a day before i shipped it. Im sorry that you don't know how to install the software on another computer thats not my falt. I mean your acting like you never got pics and that you were just taking a chance on the stuff working. An you said my amp had a few scratches on the amp you sent me. It looks like some one decided to take a key and draw swirl marks on the back of it.
stfu...atleast it works.. he said scratches...you found scratches are you going to fault him for not describing what the scratches looked like...stop trying to make a argument about that...it was working as described:fyi:...give the man his stuff back.

Ok to all the gmonkey nut huggers screw you. Every one thinks he is some kinda god on here and idk why. I sent him a working computer he got pics that he was happy with. I asked him if he wonted more pics and he said that was fine. The first day he got it he didn't even know how to turn it on. That should show user error right there. I had no reason to send him something that didn't work. So if i do the trade back then everyone is gonna run there mouth about me and say im a scammer when im not including him. I know for a fact it work he just dosen't know wtf he is doing. Im sure he can just pay someone to show him how to install it. Hell why not he pays other people to build his systems. I guess cuz he dosent know what the hell he is doing. So you can all praise him if u want and talk **** about me if u won't it dosent bother me. Like i told him before he even made this thread i wonted to make this right and i would have. But for him to get on here and run his mouth ha thats not gonna happen. I offerd to pay shipping on the laptop back to me and fix it if it was broken. But he had to be a big puss about it and cry. Hell all he has to do is reinstall xp on it if its not working. But my pics show that it works. He even told me his self he really hadn't had time to play around with it. Im sure he got it working and just dosent wonna say anything because it will make him look like the dum ass that he is. I have a newer laptop that i could send him but he wants to make a big fuss about all this and say ima scammer but he screwed his self on this one.

Ok to all the gmonkey nut huggers screw you. Every one thinks he is some kinda god on here and idk why. I sent him a working computer he got pics that he was happy with. I asked him if he wonted more pics and he said that was fine. The first day he got it he didn't even know how to turn it on. That should show user error right there. I had no reason to send him something that didn't work. So if i do the trade back then everyone is gonna run there mouth about me and say im a scammer when im not including him. I know for a fact it work he just dosen't know wtf he is doing. Im sure he can just pay someone to show him how to install it. Hell why not he pays other people to build his systems. I guess cuz he dosent know what the hell he is doing. So you can all praise him if u want and talk **** about me if u won't it dosent bother me. Like i told him before he even made this thread i wonted to make this right and i would have. But for him to get on here and run his mouth ha thats not gonna happen. I offerd to pay shipping on the laptop back to me and fix it if it was broken. But he had to be a big puss about it and cry. Hell all he has to do is reinstall xp on it if its not working. But my pics show that it works. He even told me his self he really hadn't had time to play around with it. Im sure he got it working and just dosent wonna say anything because it will make him look like the dum ass that he is. I have a newer laptop that i could send him but he wants to make a big fuss about all this and say ima scammer but he screwed his self on this one.
i dont know ethier the op or seller but your a pos in my book feggit your the pu$$y send back the mans amp scammer:furious:

You're a straight up liar. I was trying to be cool, and be nice about this.

I asked you before I made this thread to trade back and you just said "well its not my fault it doesnt work".

And how does SOFTWARE go bad in shipping? I cant do anything on this computer. I cant get to windows, and the buttons dont even do anything. It DOESNT fucking work. How does the software crash in shipping? Did they take it out of the package and fuck it up, then package it back up? Only way it could have happened is if it was sent this way. You even said yourself that you have had this same problem with it before.

Im not calling you a scammer, but I got a computer that doesnt work. I would just like to tradeback. Stuff happens when doing business online. No way around it. What makes the difference from a good seller to a bad seller is if they right the wrongs. All Im asking if for you to right the wrong, Ill even pay for it out of my pocked.

this is quite funny.. Shaven I hope everything you buy comes in broken and and everyone says its not their fault..

Because he didn't know how to Nigger rig your damned computer doesn't make it user error..

Having someone else build his system is not part of this and you are trying to take low blows and no one cares.. (shows how immature you really are about things)

No one said he is a god or is hugging his nuts.. we all read the story we made our decisions based on facts presented.. you don't agree with what everyone is saying.. whether you improperly packed or it was fucked out the door is on you.. he reported immediately it didn't work not weeks later meaning it was already messed up.. you can't crash a comp in a day that wasn't already broken or virus filled..

And to say he screwed himself on this one is incorrect.. You are black balled as of now.. fix the problem..

this is quite funny.. Shaven I hope everything you buy comes in broken and and everyone says its not their fault..
Because he didn't know how to Nigger rig your damned computer doesn't make it user error..

Having someone else build his system is not part of this and you are trying to take low blows and no one cares.. (shows how immature you really are about things)

No one said he is a god or is hugging his nuts.. we all read the story we made our decisions based on facts presented.. you don't agree with what everyone is saying.. whether you improperly packed or it was fucked out the door is on you.. he reported immediately it didn't work not weeks later meaning it was already messed up.. you can't crash a comp in a day that wasn't already broken or virus filled..

And to say he screwed himself on this one is incorrect.. You are black balled as of now.. fix the problem..
I could understand if it was "broken" when it arrived. Stuff happens. But SOFTWARE problems dont happen in shipping.

I sent him a text the first time I turned it on and it didnt work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

galacticmonkey

5,000+ posts
Wants a button like that.
galacticmonkey
Tampa, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies