Shavenblazer - Not looking good.

galacticmonkey
5,000+ posts

Wants a button like that.
Tampa, FL
We setup a trade. I was sending a Sundown Audio SAZ-3000D. Was new heatsink with a couple scratches, 100% functional. He was trading a Termlab and laptop that would run the TL, both were said to be 100% functional, except the computer which he said had a dead battery and just needed to be plugged in to work, which was told to me before, so I had no problem with that at all. He told me that the Termlab was not a USB version, so I would need a power inverter if I were to run it in the car, and said a 50w power inverter would run both the TL and the laptop. I figured since I needed a inverter for the TL anyway, it didnt matter that the laptop needed to be plugged in.

We both shipped sameday, and both got the shipments the same day. Take the laptop (Just for the record this laptop is a IBM Lenovo Thinkpad, probably running windows 98) out of the box and it wouldnt turn on. Couldnt get it on that first whole day. I contact him and he tells me to take the battery out and put it back in then try it. I do this a couple times and finally it powers up. It goes through a couple screens showing the IBM logo, a black screen showing the Dos prompt, asks me to pick the time and date, then the problem starts. After picking the time and date, a screen comes up where it says Off > On in a box. No matter what buttons I press, nothing happens and the computer will not advance. I can press enter, esc, ctrl/alt/dlt, etc. No matter what I do, this computer will not get pass this windor or load windows. There is nothing to click, the arrow keys do nothing. Absolute gridlock. I cant even get it to the screen where it shows Windows loads.

I tried the Termlab on a different laptop (dad found an old IBM Thinkpad thats similar to the one in the trade in his closet) and the Termlab loaded onto it. The screen was cut off and would not show the Tl screen fully, but thats a problem for down the road, probably just a resolution thing. Im pretty sure the Termlab would work fine, but the laptop I got in the trade DOES NOT work, and IS NOT as described.

I asked for a simple tradeback, we both pay our own shipping back. I dont think this is unreasonable, as he is the person who did not hold up his end of the deal. He said that he already sold his other amps and does not want to trade back. Because of this I offered another option, where he could buy the Sundown 3000D for $570 and I would ship the Termlab and Laptop back to him out of my own pocket. He didnt not want to do this option either.

He told me to install it on another computer, which I did. He said he would get this computer fixed. I dont think I should have to send the laptop back to him for him to fix it when its a 10 year old laptop not even worth the new parts. It buzzes like hell, stinks like burnt electronics, and is many years beyong repairing. I dont want any of this, I just want a simple tradeback. He says he has no reason to scam me. Im guessing he is forgetting $600 amp he got for some busted equipment.

I sent him a text message saying that I was making a bad feedback thread in hopes he will see it, and see the replies and agree to trade back. I WILL EVEN PAY HIS SHIPPING BACK TO ME, if thats what it takes.

I have many refs on here, and over at floridaspl.com Im good friends with everyone from World Champs, well respected competitors, official judges, etc. I have also sold to many people over there with no problems.

What Im asking for is not unreasonable, just a simple tradeback because an item arrived not as described.

OK i told u where im at does not have service that well. I sent u the pics of the laptop working with termlab on the screen before we traded you said cool. I have never had a problem with the TL before ever. I have also installed it on other computers and it worked idk what your doing wrong. I dont see the need for this thread i said i didn't want to trade back but i NEVER said i wouldn't. I have no reason to send you somthing that dosen't work im not that type of person. Yea i did hold up my end of the deal like i said u got pics of it working. No need to get people on here to have a pitty party for you. Im sure someone on here can walk you threw the RIGHT way to install it on another computer.

You showing me a cellphone pic of a Termlab on a screen in a pitch black room doesnt mean that you shipped a working product.

You shipped me a product that doesnt work. We agreed on a trade for a working product.

Im not saying you scammed me, but the texts you DID sent back to me said "well its not my fault it doesnt work".

All I want is a simple tradeback, thread will be deleted, and Ill thank you for making things right.

Man thats annoying......hope it gets worked out.

What about keep the TL and he buys you a cheap Dell off eBay...i bought one for my TL for like 200 shipped....just a cheap one that runs XP

Man thats annoying......hope it gets worked out.
What about keep the TL and he buys you a cheap Dell off eBay...i bought one for my TL for like 200 shipped....just a cheap one that runs XP
That would be cool with me. I would even ship him his old laptop back. But that wouldnt really be too fair as he agreed to send a cheap, old, working laptop. I didnt care that it was old or beat up, as long as it worked.

You say what you want i sent the pics of the same dam computer that you have working a day before i shipped it. Im sorry that you don't know how to install the software on another computer thats not my falt. I mean your acting like you never got pics and that you were just taking a chance on the stuff working. An you said my amp had a few scratches on the amp you sent me. It looks like some one decided to take a key and draw swirl marks on the back of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

galacticmonkey

5,000+ posts
Wants a button like that.
galacticmonkey
Tampa, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies