Shake the world tahoe build (slow build)

I had iamsonic make me a box design for the 4 of em subs up port back came out right at 15.99 cuft at 32hz but I'm not sure if I might end up walling it off trying to stay away from that tho cause I still want to drive it around and I don't want to put anymore weight than I have to not trying to beef up the suspension either lol
Id go at least 4.25 per sub money

Id go at least 4.25 per sub money
It's weird cause I called sundown to ask and I think that's what they said they recommended per sub but the guy I spoke to said if I was gonna run 4 to go a little smaller and recommended me 4 cuft per sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

guess maybe the spiders are abit softer than i though. i see quite a few people say 4.25 is ideal. I know my driver is similar to the nightshade but its suspension is pretty stiff (.065mm/n after breakin) mms is right around 365 grams with a FS of 32,2 it love 4.25 to 5 cubes tuned anywhere from 30 to 40..

Oh thank you. But....I'm kinda in a dispute with a member right now over at CACO. Gotta threatening PM the other day because of a small comment which I made. And apparently, I'm being treated as mr. negativity towards other people. Blah blah blah.
Anyway, I don't got FB but my wife does. I'll take a look soon tho.
As in someone else in the northwest?

I have a question sound deadner on roof or wood?
Using wood will help strengthen/stabilize the roof/panels,ect,as well as help seal the interior.The Sound waves will reverb much better if that makes any sense?Deadner would prob be less weight added to the vehicle

There's some room underneath the cargo area.
You could drill a few holes, that won't interfere with anything else and use a bolt thru the bottom of the enclosure, one on each side and will bolt down the box.
Be sure to use washers on bottom of the vehicle and inside the bottom of the enclosure way i do it.I use a double nut to lock it down. Ive had a single nut to where vibration loosened up the nut..So two nuts to lock it down works excellent!!

Be sure to use washers on bottom of the vehicle and inside the bottom of the enclosure way i do it.I use a double nut to lock it down. Ive had a single nut to where vibration loosened up the nut..So two nuts to lock it down works excellent!!
Yup that could work in his situation.

I ended up placing 3 layers of Deadner in y cab in the truck.I went to the Dollar store and bought Alcohol 91% and used some old T-shirts and cleaned the hell out of the inside before placing the deadner down..I also used a heat gun to warm each piece and rolled it to make sure she STUCK!!..Worked excellent..Ive gotten everything ripped back out ATM..But running those 4-12s 3 layers of 80 mill. still wasnt enough for the roofs stability. When I get my wall going, Ill be placing double layer of 1/2" Plywood to seal the entire roof and cavity off.

So sounds like it's gonna have to get bolted down first then subs installed so the whole half out to install subs then slide box in is out the window gonna have to measure make sure I can get the subs in after before I build the box

I ended up placing 3 layers of Deadner in y cab in the truck.I went to the Dollar store and bought Alcohol 91% and used some old T-shirts and cleaned the hell out of the inside before placing the deadner down..I also used a heat gun to warm each piece and rolled it to make sure she STUCK!!..Worked excellent..Ive gotten everything ripped back out ATM..But running those 4-12s 3 layers of 80 mill. still wasnt enough for the roofs stability. When I get my wall going, Ill be placing double layer of 1/2" Plywood to seal the entire roof and cavity off.
So when you use wood is it one or the other or you putting wood over the deadner?

After getting those bolts in from underneath..I highly recommend getting some Silicone/window caulk,and putting around the outside of the bolt and washer..let it set over night, and hit it with some Gloss Rustolium Paint so its seals the penetration from any moisture and the paint will harden and seal it all and keep from rusting from road debris/water.I do this on any hole penetration made

So sounds like it's gonna have to get bolted down first then subs installed so the whole half out to install subs then slide box in is out the window gonna have to measure make sure I can get the subs in after before I build the box
Ya youll have to leave at least one sub out to get to the bolts to tighten up.You should have room to set the sub on the box then drop it in.best have some help for this of course(heavy jokers!!)LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.