Shake the world tahoe build (slow build)

So when you use wood is it one or the other or you putting wood over the deadner?
Ill be placing two layers of 1/2" or 5/8" of plywood over the 3 layers of 80 mill deadner(already installed) to add the stability Ill need for my wall build.Its all down heated and rolled/stuck so deff not removing it..LOL

Ill be placing two layers of 1/2" or 5/8" of plywood over the 3 layers of 80 mill deadner(already installed) to add the stability Ill need for my wall build.Its all down heated and rolled/stuck so deff not removing it..LOL
So for a guy that's not gonna do a wall and trying to keep the headliner wood probably wouldn't work for me huh?

So for a guy that's not gonna do a wall and trying to keep the headliner wood probably wouldn't work for me huh?
LOL..I plan on getting some Max strength LockTite spray and roll on some Vinyl(may help with some soundwave rolling up front??) Just a theory I have to gain DB possibly??

If you're going to do plywood id do this between the plywood not lining it with deadner..

https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/products/extruded-butyl-rope-ebr

Strech it out 2x its length and apply it to every part of the roof braces the plywood will touch. As for the cld tiles to stop potentual ringing use the 30% of the deadner to the squared area of the panel that you want to reduce the ringing on. Btw id highly advise you drill and tap the screws into the sheet metal its 2x stronger.

If you want reduced flexing vibration and ringing this is the proper way to do it.. you can order some head liner and put it on the plywood. Id use the thickest ply you can.. fyi it will save you hundreds and bracing/integrity is tge key to numbers!!

If you're going to do plywood id do this between the plywood not lining it with deadner..https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/products/extruded-butyl-rope-ebr

Strech it out 2x its length and apply it to every part of the roof braces the plywood will touch. As for the cld tiles to stop potentual ringing use the 30% of the deadner to the squared area of the panel that you want to reduce the ringing on. Btw id highly advise you drill and tap the screws into the sheet metal its 2x stronger.

If you want reduced flexing vibration and ringing this is the proper way to do it.. you can order some head liner and put it on the plywood. Id use the thickest ply you can.. fyi it will save you hundreds and bracing/integrity is tge key to numbers!!
Sweet but here's the deal I'm not planning on competing nor do I ever plan on metering it it's just for everyday but wouldn't mind doing some demos I know it might be overkill so with that said would I still need to go to the extreme of using wood or would it be more realistic for me to just use deadner 2 or 3 layers and just run 2 subs instead of 4? And are these subs any good for everyday? Thoughts:

Sweet but here's the deal I'm not planning on competing nor do I ever plan on metering it it's just for everyday but wouldn't mind doing some demos I know it might be overkill so with that said would I still need to go to the extreme of using wood or would it be more realistic for me to just use deadner 2 or 3 layers and just run 2 subs instead of 4? And are these subs any good for everyday? Thoughts:
Run what you have and see how the structure and integrity of the vehicle holds up..Plywood is/can be a bit cheaper in the long run verses the several amounts of deadner applied,and adds more stability/strength.Im just letting you know about my experiencing of running 4-xfls/12s in my xcab,and how much deadner Ive used/3 layers of 80 mill,and still in need of some stability for the roof structure.And I have only used a 4-chamber ported enclosure,and looking to do a wall build that ive been putting off and know that I deff need to beef up the roofing/ect.But Its your choice.You can use the deadner now since you have bought it already,which really helps kill out alot of unwanted road noise and will help with panel flex.Every vehicle is different even the same type of vehicle..Its all dependent of power,install equipment ect.You can always add Plywood at a later time if needed,and it will help stabilize/strengthen the roof/ect. and can be less expensive

My 4 subs in the truck were for everyday usage..LOL..My CRV has a pair of HDS310s in 4.0 @32 htz @2 ohms mono approx 1650 rms+, and I finally placed one layer of 80 mill on the roof and it stiill ripples pretty harsh to a possible crease of the roof.I have it turned down, but Id like to go to peak when Id like too, but Ill need some structure support for the roof in order to do so.Just deadner isnt going to get it with the way these vehicle manufacturers build on the cheap/very limited justto pass DMV,and governmental safety specs.

Id do it anyway unless you want it to rip the truck apart..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.