setting up my setup

dj_kokain
10+ year member

ok, see im gettin an s-10 blazer.. n like alot of the blazers in seen on sites.. have reallllly big enclosures.. i dont wan a big enclosure, so like how would i set it up for some really good bass without a big box.. and like im gonna get new speakers for it, im gonna be goin with like all pioneer, i know alot of you would say pioneer ***** n all that chit.. but ohwell thats you.. i like pioneer.. so.. what would you suggest.

its gonna be

h/u: pioneer deh p5500mp

front: Pioneer TS-A4667

rear: Pioneer TS-A6975

door pannel: Pioneer TS-G1347

amp: Pioneer GM-X972

sub: JL Audio 12w6

ebay has some really cheap pioneer subs right now 10"-400RMS, 800 max, dvc, $59 or 12"- 500rms, 1000 max, svc, $67; these r both the premier models they sopund lioke they r pretty good.

soon gettin 3 of those 10s

yeah i have the jl audio sub cuz it was my brothers.. cuz for xmas he got two 12" vipers so i got that as a hand me down ... free sub... ill take it.. for now atleast

nothing wrong with pioneer. its all good. um for ur box what kind of music do u listen to? if rap and things then maybe go ported with 2^3ft or maybe just 2^3ft sealed. just depends on the music that u listen too. good luck

i listen to alot of rap, techno, remixes. jus whatevers sounds good.. so a ported box then? sounds fine to me thanx for the help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ok well, the sub will tell you what the best enclosure for that specific sub in the manuel. So look in that before listening to anyoen on this board, Granted most knwo what they are tlaking about but alot of waht people are saying is pretty genreal and for the best bass possible you need to be specific. SO look in the manuel and it will tell you exaclty the siz enclosue you need. I sunno if a ported box is best, it will say in the manuel as i siad before but most popel tend to waste money on ported and bandpass boxs beacuse they are a little more difficult to fit one to your subs. But yeah, thats jsut my 2 cents.

BTW: Pioneer is a great bard all around.

Originally posted by Eddieca85 Ok well, the sub will tell you what the best enclosure for that specific sub in the manuel. So look in that before listening to anyoen on this board, Granted most knwo what they are tlaking about but alot of waht people are saying is pretty genreal and for the best bass possible you need to be specific. SO look in the manuel and it will tell you exaclty the siz enclosue you need. I sunno if a ported box is best, it will say in the manuel as i siad before but most popel tend to waste money on ported and bandpass boxs beacuse they are a little more difficult to fit one to your subs. But yeah, thats jsut my 2 cents.

BTW: Pioneer is a great bard all around.
ok #1 the kid probably doesnt have a manual or he would have looked in it before he asked...

#2 if you dont think that ported is good then you dont know **** about subs...

#3 it depends on what the kid wants to do...if he wants to do spl i would reccomend ported...i would recomend it anyways but whatever...

4 off...li agree with you about bandpass..it is expensive and ****...

thats my 4 cents..

D

Originally posted by ricerdude ok #1 the kid probably doesnt have a manual or he would have looked in it before he asked...

#2 if you dont think that ported is good then you dont know **** about subs...

#3 it depends on what the kid wants to do...if he wants to do spl i would reccomend ported...i would recomend it anyways but whatever...

4 off...li agree with you about bandpass..it is expensive and ****...

thats my 4 cents..

D
#1 Ture but some people arnt as smart as us who would look in the manual first.

#2 I never said i dont think ported is good, most of the time they give you really good bass, but alot of popel **** up on ported box's beacuse they dont knwo what htey are doing beacuse the ports have to be a specific size for the sub and the box it self ( if makeing one yourself)

#3 It does depend onwhat he wants and how effort he wants to put into finding out which is best.

#4 nuff said

ok

#1 the kid wants a spl setup

#2 the sub was my brothers old one like i said i got it from my brother, and he prlly threw the manual away.

#3 can someone tell me the demensions i need to get the box.

#4 thanx for the help too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D

This is for the 12w6AE

Nominal Diameter: 12 inches (300 mm)

Continuous Power Handling: 300 Watts

Voice Coil: 2.5" diameter, 4-layer, Kapton former

Available Configurations: Dual 6 ohm

Xmax (one-way, linear): 0.44" (11.1 mm)

Sealed Enclosure Range: 0.75-1.75 cu.ft. (21.0-49.5 liters)

Ported Enclosure Range: 1.50-2.50 cu.ft. (42.5-71.0 liters)

VRC™ Technology: NO

And this is for the 12w6v2

Nominal Diameter: 12 inches (300 mm)

Continuous Power Handling: 400 Watts

Voice Coil: 2.75" diameter, 4-layer, Kapton former

Available Configurations: Dual 4 ohm only

Xmax (one-way, linear): 0.65" (16.5 mm)

Sealed Enclosure Range: 0.90-1.50 cu.ft. (25.0-42.0 liters)

Ported Enclosure Range: 1.25-1.75 cu.ft. (35.4-49.5 liters)

VRC™ Technology: YES

W-Cone™ Technology: YES

Elevated Frame Technology: YES

Floating Cone Attach Technology: YES

NeckVent™ Technology: YES

Now i dunno which one you have beacuse you only said 12w6 and those are the only 2 on the site so thats all i can help you with. That tells you exaclty what kind of box you need

and if you go here http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/12.html you can get more information and there are downloads for manuals n ****. Hope that helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.