setting up first radio system.... Need help plz.

Participant count
  • Participant list

!.beat killer.!
10+ year member

I have a legacy 1200 watt la960 amp and i dont know what rms it is. i couldnt find out. I was just wondering if one of you might know the rms it is. I dont care for the legacy amp but i dont have a lot of money... Also the subs i was going to use was 2 crunch groundpounder 12 ", my box is a good size box and it is ported.. would that be a good setup or would i need to use a different amp and subs or what? i dont know. I would greatly appreciate any opinions on what i need to do. thanks.

you need to sit on here and read and read and read then read a little more. i would sell all that stuff and come back here with a budget //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif people will either cut you deals or point you to them. then poast vids when its in.

Im 16 i dont want extreme bass with alot of watts but just something small where it sounds good. i dont know a whole lot like u said i need to read but do you have any ideas for me that would be good for what i want? Is crunch a good brand.?

you dont want legacy man, i would do what he said. its the smartest decision. you dont want huge bass and you dont have to have it but atleast go to somthing reliable. not the cheap off brand audio manufacturers.

ok thanks i appreciate your help. Do you have any suggestion that would be good reliable subs and amp for me that doesnt cost to much? Is soundstream ok... The soundstream arachnid (w-12se) is 500 watt max and 250 rms is that ok for me or no? sorry about all the questions i dont know a whole lot...!

soundstream is a very good brand, on this site you could get anything for cheap. if you want quality you should go with dd, dc, aq, fi, soundstream, or somthing in that area. if its built in another country and is all plastic and shitty then dont buy it.

ok do you know if the arachnid soundstream sub would be good for me or not. it only has 500 watts and 250 rms is that ok?? could you tell me some subs and amp that would be good for me or do you not know?

its really up to you on the size and all. I dont have any experience with those subs. kicker cvrs have always been good budget subs and you can find some small amps up on the classifieds. Post a budget limit and I/We will find you dealz. I didnt say go big. Im saying you can put those up on Craigslist and end up with way better equipment with little to no additional investment

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.