Setting Up a Ghetto Multimedia System - Need help

Mark_ab
5,000+ posts

The Alpha Male
Hey guys, I need some help here. I am installing a shite little entertainment system in my car, just for road trips and things of that nature. I have an epson 6" lcd screen, a PS1, and a Pioneer DVD player (from a house - I don't have the kind of money to spend on a din DVD unit. It's going on a stand under my passenger side seat). Now, I have a converter for the dvd player to plug into the disc changer on my pioneer HU, and I'll set the PS1 (fitting in my glove box - it's the smaller, newer version) to the dvd player. Now, how do I give the dvd player power? I don't want a sloppy converter that plugs into the lighter plug. I was looking at this http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/item.pl?sku=PERPGP110

and was curious if this would do the job. If not, what else would you suggest? Are there converters that don't plug into the lighter? And if so, how large would it have to be? Thanks a lot for the help

the thing looks like it would work okay.

couldn't you install and hide an inverter? like cut off the plug for the lighter and wire it sorta like you would an amp? that way you could place the inverter near the dvd and PS1. just a thought!

my only other advice would be to make sure you fuse the inverter somewhere on the hot input side! otherwise, you welcome.

I bought a power inverter and cut the power wires and ran them directly to the + and - of my

battery. I don't know about hooking up a house dvd, iv'e thought about it though. It might get a

little hot i would think. Ask an audio shop and see what they say. But u know they are going to

discourage it cuz they are going to want u to buy some of there stuff!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I cut the plug off an inverter for a customer yesterday and fused it at the fuse box for his vaio laptop. Ive done it plenty of times and it works fine. if you are going to plug in two items i would get a 300 watt inverter. and btw just b/c someone works at a shop doesn't mean we just want you to spend more money.... hope this helps

i ran into some inverters at wallgreens that had a ten to 8 gage wire input instead of the cig liter input

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.