Setting LPF

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey everyone,

I'm sure this has been explained a million times before but I just can't find how to set the low pass filter. I've looked on here, on youtube, and all over google and have gotten several different answers so it's just making me confused. I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I have 2 10" Dcons in a 2.5 cu.ft box tuned to 32Hz hooked up to a Crescendo S600.1. I know that the Subsonic filter should be around 24ish, no bass boost, and I understand how to set the gain. It's just the LPF that I'm confused with. Also, do I want to have the input switch on low or high?

Thanks for the help!

-Brian

Hey everyone,
I'm sure this has been explained a million times before but I just can't find how to set the low pass filter. I've looked on here, on youtube, and all over google and have gotten several different answers so it's just making me confused. I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I have 2 10" Dcons in a 2.5 cu.ft box tuned to 32Hz hooked up to a Crescendo S600.1. I know that the Subsonic filter should be around 24ish, no bass boost, and I understand how to set the gain. It's just the LPF that I'm confused with. Also, do I want to have the input switch on low or high?

Thanks for the help!

-Brian
80 hz is a good place to start.

Wow thanks for the fast reply! Now you said 80 Hz is a good place to start, will I have to change it or tune it from there?

Also, with setting the gain, I know you need to take the wattage and multiply it by the ohms it is wired at, then take the square root of that. Do I use 600 watts because that's what is says on the box? Or do I use 670 because that is the actual wattage that it says in the booklet it came with?

-Brian

670/600 doesn't make much difference. The target voltage is

LPF can vary. There's no RIGHT setting, and what sounds good to one person won't be where the next prefers it. Try ~80 and play a few tunes. Try ~100, try 70. See if you have a preference. It's entirely possible you won't notice much difference at all.

Hi/low depends on your preamp signal. Low range is good for up to 5v which is probably where you're going to be.

If you have a line driver or another high voltage signal source you might want to try the high setting.

This is how it was explained to me. Hopefully it helps.

if tweeter is set to roll off at 1500hz, mid should cover 1500 hz to 100 hz, sub then plays everything below 100hz.

That's just a guide to start. From there you just tune by ear. There was a bunch of other things he told me about resonant frequencies and cabin tuning but I didn't really pay attention.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.