Is precision power good?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hoots

Florida
Hi everyone , I am setting this up tomorrow , what are your thoughts?

1 sundown audio sa 12

2.5 cu ft ported box at 32 hz , its custom built with double baffle.

Sony Mex-N5000BT

Precision power sedona s550.1

This is going in a 1996 nissan sentra gxe , I got another battery which is 20 amps , and the alternator is 70 amps. Whats the most watts I can run with those 2?

My main concern is the amplifier I have heard they fell off , someone recommended it to me and says its great for the price , because my budget was about 600$ , what are your thoughts about the amp and what if its bad what else runs between 100-140$ and puts out 550 watts-600 watts rms at 1 ohm?

Thanks for the help , this is my first build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

Ps. i was going for 2 jbl gt5-12d in a 4 cu ft ported double baffle , but the box didnt fit , im selling it if anyone is interested!

Its dual 2ohm , but how many watts can i push with my old car? I cant upgrade big 3 , and what amp would you recommend? Imma run it with this amp for now and then return it if anything.

Ok but can you answer my question lol , I need to know if my car can handle that amount of power , i obviously know that this sub loves power but if i cant power that it means nothing. 550 is modest tbh and the box is compensating for the under power.

i've seen some good deals on powerbass amps on ebay lately. You should be ok under 1500w with the secondary battery. Why cant you do the big three? Keep it down at idle and watch your voltage

I dont have a second battery , I replaced my old battery with a new one that is 20 amps , the alternator is stock and is at about 70 amps. Thats why I am concerned , I dont think I can even get up to 1000 or 1100 , what do you think? If I buy a kinetik battery thats like 60 amps working with the current one , then I could handle like 1000? Also are you familiar with precision I need opinions on that brand its rarely used , and I heard it fell off.

My dad basically paid for most of this and i cant ask for more , I'm short on cash for a couple months and this is where i'm at. Thoughts on the amp doe?

How much is it , and the big question is can i do it myself? If not how much to get it done?
Yes just buy like 10ft of 1/0 wire and ring terminals and a fuse holder .very easy to do ...but that battery isnt gona cut it on any amount of piwer ..i cant believe the car works fine with that small of a battery

PPI hasn't been good since like 2001.

There's some black Friday sales crop up at SSA audio store. Anything there will be pretty solid so I'd look that way for a legit 600W. If you don't mind buying used, you might could find a JL 500/1 used for 125-140 range. They're a beastly little amp and would hold a great re-sale value.

As much as I hate new Soundstream, this one looks quite nice for the money : WoofersEtc.com - REF1.500 - Soundstream Monoblock 500 Watt RMS Reference Series Power Amplifier

By all accounts the redoux of the "reference" line was pretty well made.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.