setting input sensitivity on 500-1

Participant count
  • Participant list

blazergt
10+ year member

I have my amp wired in and i am trying to set the input sensitivity, I looked on JL's site and have been following the directions. I have a 50hz, 0 db cd playing with my eq off, volume up to 3/4 and speakers disconnected. I need to see 44.7v on the output but im not even getting 1v...just 10mv-20mv. Even with the sensitivity knob all the way up it doesnt get past 30mv. What am i doing wrong?

OK that fixed that problem but I'm still having a little trouble...Now i have to turn the sensitivity all the way up plus turn the bass boost up half way to get there, that doesn't sound right. Can someone recommend some starting settings for me? Here is the JL 500-1v2 I have it hooked up to 2 10w3v2's. Both sides of my box are 7.2ohms and paralleled to my amp. Thanks for the help so far!

it is...Should my bass and treble be at 0 even if they go from -7 through 7? Also it says turn the volume up 3/4, is that 3/4 of the total volume? Or 3/4 of what i listen to? Just to make sure when you play the 50hz sample does it come through all your speakers? Could it be i have the wrong sample? Any ideas on where to find the correct one if i do?

ok i got it finally... It sounds nice but i think i want to take it somewhere and have them tune the whole thing for me. Thanks for all the help
dont let them tune it for you. i bet later on, you will have the urge to mess with the setting, eq, gain, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.