Setting gains with LCQ-1

Participant count
  • Participant list

fearturtle03
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
? about setting gains on my system. I have a stock Tundra head unit that I have running through an AudioControl LCQ-1 and a PPI 900.4 amp for the speakers. I have always set my gains with my multi-meter on the amp.

I contacted Audicontrol and they pointed me to a video on a how to but it was for some "overdrive" product that had a "maximize" setting to let you know when to stop. The video said to disconnect amp RCA's, turn down gain on AMP, Audiocontrol device, and turn head unit to 3/4 volume. Then they adjust the audiocontrol unit gains until "maximized" is met. Since the LCQ-1 has no optimized light do I just hook my multi-meter to the LCQ-1 and turn up the gains until my voltage number of 31 is hit? Do I keep the amp gain down like the video says?

If someone could let me know the best process for setting gains with something like an LCQ-1 in the middle that would be great.

Thanks

Oh nice. Thanks

So is it the best to keep the AMP gain turned down and use the LCQ-1 gain as the adjustment until that light turns on and then keep the AMP gain down?

Thanks again

Set the LCQ-1 gain as directed, then use your ears to adjust the gain on the amp, starting with minimal gain and slowly turn it up with loud music playing. If it sounds great with the amp gain all the way down after adjusting LCQ-1 then you're set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.