Setting Gain CORRECTLY

Participant count
  • Participant list

BEEKAY

US
Can someone explain to me the correct way to set the gain with a DMM? I understand the basics but I had a question. So I know that all of your EQ settings should be set to neutral when setting it. What about a bass knob? Should that be turned down all the way too? Once the gain is set is it safe to turn the bass knob up without clipping?

NO, I recommend not using bass knobs... but if you must..... tune your system with it turned all the way up. this way when you have the knob cranked it's not sending a clipped signal because it was all the way up when you set your gains.

NO, I recommend not using bass knobs... but if you must..... tune your system with it turned all the way up. this way when you have the knob cranked it's not sending a clipped signal because it was all the way up when you set your gains.
Makes sense, thanks for the advice.

What type of amplifier is it?

If you are setting gain with a DMM, you should measure AC Voltage at the speaker outputs on the amp. You want to turn up the gain until you see a specific voltage.

E = Square Root of (P x R)

So, 500w X 2ohm, then take the square root of that.. = 31v.

Turn up the gain until your DMM shows 31 volts. Thats probably as accurate as you can get without using a DD1 or Oscilloscope

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BEEKAY

BEEKAY
US
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
BryceHinton