Serious help??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Triggerhappygpc
10+ year member

All my 6.5 speakers in my car started making static noise when i turned up the music. I tried replacing 2 front door speaker with some kenwoods i bought at bestby but they did the same thing. So i returned them. I also have 2 12 inch kickers that have no problem its just those 4 6.5 speakers. And its not my antenna signal or the volume to high. Any help would be appreciated

All my 6.5 speakers in my car started making static noise when i turned up the music. I tried replacing 2 front door speaker with some kenwoods i bought at bestby but they did the same thing. So i returned them. I also have 2 12 inch kickers that have no problem its just those 4 6.5 speakers. And its not my antenna signal or the volume to high. Any help would be appreciated
Got an amp behind the speakers? Sounds like your amp has gone bad, or you have some interference. If you have a car with Premium factory sound, you most likely have a factory amp somewhere. I know my friends 2002 Grand Cherokee had the same problem, ended up being a shot factory Infinity amp. Bypassed it and his speakers sounded great again.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Got an amp behind the speakers? Sounds like your amp has gone bad, or you have some interference. If you have a car with Premium factory sound, you most likely have a factory amp somewhere. I know my friends 2002 Grand Cherokee had the same problem, ended up being a shot factory Infinity amp. Bypassed it and his speakers sounded great again.

Also when i put those aftermarket door speaker i cut the old speaker wires off and added some more speaker wire because i didnt have enough speaker wire room and i put a thinner size wire of it. It was a bout half the size. Do ya think that was the problem. But when i first put those speakers in they played fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.