serious electrical issue

tacobandit
10+ year member

LA, Ca
okay after i finished my stereo install now my interior lights, like my dash and A/C lights wont work as well as my taillights.. I replaced the fuse in it and as soon as i turned them on again the fuse blew. It is the fuse for the taillights which is also for the dimmer lights. Now i grounded one of my amps to the same one that the taillights are grounded too, could this be causing the fuse to blow?

its a pioneer avic-n2 has a seperate remote amp wire that i ran, i also did a standard 4 gauge power wire directly off the battery to the amps. I will look tomorrow and ground it to another area.

okay i disconnected the plug from the stereo that had the illumination wire on it and it still blew so i have to pick up more fuses but next i am going to see if i remove the amp replay plug to see if that fixes the problem, after that i have no idea what to check.

anyone? i need help here, i disconnected my whole stereo from the car and the fuse still blows as soon as i turn on the lights, someones gotta know!

Is it a ford vehicle. Possible its somthin to do with not your audio system an its just one of thoses things that goes bad. If it is a ford. Might be the headlight switch going bad. Take it out check the wire harness for it. Looks burnt or anything that could be it.

Okay So its your tail lights an interior this might take a while. But before you plug the new fuse in. Take all the light bulbs out. Tail lights all the Interior lights. What ever is connected to that fuse. After you do that put the fuse in. Now If it dont blow. Start one buy one putting the bulbs back in. An checking the fuse each time. When the fuse blows at least then you know what circut the short is on. trace the wire find whats bad.

Ahhhhh. Check that mulitfunction switch. Many many of problems with that. Your turn headlights is all one thing right on the steering column??

okay replaced the switch tonight and no dice, still blows right away, would it possibly blow the fuse if one or more of the taillights are bad? I know it has to be the taillights now otherwise the dimmer fuse would blow first instead of the taillight fuse. I guess tomorrow i will check my bulbs.

hrm my friends TA did the exact same thing, can't for the life of me remember what it was ( was like 9 years ago ) :/

I'll ask him if I see him. think his was an 87 or so.

Okay So its your tail lights an interior this might take a while. But before you plug the new fuse in. Take all the light bulbs out. Tail lights all the Interior lights. What ever is connected to that fuse. After you do that put the fuse in. Now If it dont blow. Start one buy one putting the bulbs back in. An checking the fuse each time. When the fuse blows at least then you know what circut the short is on. trace the wire find whats bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.