see if you guys can fiqure this out

Participant count
  • Participant list

anybodykilla200
10+ year member

Compton
alright check this out, i just hooked up all my new stuff yesterday and no sound comes out, i checked everything and rewired everything and my amp turns on as well as everything else in my trunk(bass cube, crossover, cap) and i have a good connection with the amp and the subs as well, if it helps i have the PHD2 "the shredder" and i get notthing now im not no ameture at installing stuff (ive been doing it for quite some time now) but i just cant fiqure out why im gettin no sound.

Originally posted by anybodykilla200 alright check this out, i just hooked up all my new stuff yesterday and no sound comes out, i checked everything and rewired everything and my amp turns on as well as everything else in my trunk(bass cube, crossover, cap) and i have a good connection with the amp and the subs as well, if it helps i have the PHD2 "the shredder" and i get notthing now im not no ameture at installing stuff (ive been doing it for quite some time now) but i just cant fiqure out why im gettin no sound.
Did you buy the earthwank amp used?

Either way, if the amp comes on, and you know you have a good signal path to it (the RCA's check out flawlessly), open up the case of the D2 and see if the output fuse is popped... There should be a 20A fuse on the output of the speaker connections...

its funny cuz i went and opened up after i got done writing the post and it said 30 amp fuse but there was a pooped 20 inside so i replaced it with a 30 cuz thats what the amp said, but what did you mean by good signal path you said it in a way that sounds like you know somthing i dont if so please tell me i could use the help, im used to audiobahn amps ( the hcx's and all) this is the 1st earthquake amp i bought, is ther certain type of rcas i should run? or somthing cuz as of now im just using white and red rca's if theres somthing i need to do that im not please tell me

Originally posted by anybodykilla200 its funny cuz i went and opened up after i got done writing the post and it said 30 amp fuse but there was a pooped 20 inside so i replaced it with a 30 cuz thats what the amp said, but what did you mean by good signal path you said it in a way that sounds like you know somthing i dont if so please tell me i could use the help, im used to audiobahn amps ( the hcx's and all) this is the 1st earthquake amp i bought, is ther certain type of rcas i should run? or somthing cuz as of now im just using white and red rca's if theres somthing i need to do that im not please tell me
If the 20A was popped, I'd suggest putting the 20 back in there.

The only time you need a 30 is when you are going to drop it to 1 ohm and below.

They aren't very stable or happy at 1 ohm and below, but usually take it... I'd suggest sticking to 2 ohm though, and putting a 20A back in, just like what was there before...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.