Second battery draining first?

microhaxo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MINNESOTA
So i had a thread a few days ago where i bought a nice battery for the rear. Ive had it for two days now and i notice that in the morning when i go to start my car it takes two tries to start it, i turn ignition for a second and it doesn't fire, turn again and she is good.

I am thinking that after driving around listening to music my back battery is drained a bit and when i park and turn off the car the back battery drains the front to recharge?

IS this true?

If it is will there be more problems than what i have already seen or will it eventually get worse?

Do i need an isolator?

I really dont want to have to manually charge my back battery. And i never listen to music with the car off.

is everything TIGHT?

you can show good voltage, but when a load is put on a loose terminal it's not gonna make good enough contact to provide for the load.

everything is tight.. when i play music i get zero dimming and no substantial voltage drops. Its just after a night sitting the car doesn't start like it did before on the first turn, it takes two and that usually means a slightly drained battery in my experience.

alright, if it does become a problem then i would need to get an isolator and charge the rear batt every once and a while then huh..

just keep an eye on it. the alt should keep it up. i've had mine connected for about a year now w/o a hitch. and i don't have an isolator or a relay or anything.

if it keeps doing it, i'd get the rear battery checked/replaced

maybe your starter itself is going bad? What kind of batteries do you have? Maybe it has something to do with the cca's of the batts?? I don't know...just throwing some stuff out there..lol...

Just weird that both of your batts seem to be charged...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.