Tweeters in the rear? Yes? No? How?

old_dude
10+ year member

I have an extra pair of tweeters with built-in inline crossovers I recently bought and was going to use. They have nice frequency response for their size and cost, and even get higher highs than the more expensive ones I bought to replace them! But since I got "better" ones for the front, with those huge, cigarette pack-sized crossovers included, I'm wondering what to do with the tweeters I'm not using. So I came up with this crazy idea of putting them in the the back of the car somewhere. Sure, I have 5-way 6x9's that put out some decent high frequencies, but I have dreams of someday maybe replacing the 6x9's with components. But for now...

Is there any way I can run these extra tweeters in the back without having to run them in series or parallel? I mean, I know it would work in series, but then I'm going to be pumping far too much power from my amps to drive these tweets.

I'm already going to run my front (newer/better) tweeters off the front outputs of the deck, and the dash speakers will be run off the rear outputs of the deck. This way, I can use my 3 amps for powering rears, doors, and subs.

But how the heck can I power the tweeters if I put them in back somewhere? Should I simply run them in series with the front tweeters off the deck? I know this would work, but since they are 4 ohm, this would end up being 8 ohms, so they wouldn't really get their full potential (I'm guessing).

Any advice? Should I skip the rear tweets and just wait until I get seperates for the rear stage?

5 way 6x9's. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Stop buying crap.

Buy a decent set of components, install them in your front doors with some SecondSkin DP, run them off a decent amp and sell the rest of you junk speakers. Disconnect front dash speakers.

LOL 5-Way 6x9s? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Built in mini-sub, midbass, mid range, tweet, super tweet. Duh.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Oh, I'm so sorry that all of you are such freakin critics. You just don't understand anything I said because obviously you had some installer do your **** and not yourself.

NO, I did NOT say "just tweeters in the rear"!

There is NOTHING wrong with 5-way 6x9's! Some of you probably have them but don't want to admit it.

There is NOTHING wrong with Kenwood, and until you can PROVE there is, maybe you should keep your comments about Kenwood to yourself.

YES! I'm running my tweeters and dash speakers of my head unit, and door & rear speakers off my amps! Why? Well, since you can't figure it out on your own, it's because I only have so many freakin' amps! 5 pairs of speakers, 3 amps, 2 pairs of speaker outputs from deck... YOU do the math! The tweeters I already have in plus the dash speakers are only getting highs, so I don't feel a need to amplify the highs. If anyone in this forum AMPLIFIES their high frequencies by themselves, you need mental help.

ALL I WANTED (but obviously I was asking too much!) was a few SERIUOS answers and opinions! I didn't ask for your opinions on my brands used.

WHY THE HELL IS IT SO **** HARD TO FIND A FORUM WHERE PEOPLE ARE NOT SUCH CRITICS AND WHO LOVE TO TALK DOWN ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE'S BRANDS OF AUDIO EQUIPMENT CHOICES?!?!?!?!?

Oh, I'm sorry, you guys are a bunch of ****ing EXPERTS and PROS! (In your dreams!). If you were all as ****ing smart as you try to claim, you certainly wouldn't need to seek help in a forum full of other idiots like yourselves.

I'm probably older than most of your dads, so to hear nothing but criticism from a bunch of ****ing children who get mommy to pay for their ****, then slam anyone else's just pisses me off.

NOT ONE of your replies was serious or helpful in ANY way. Thanks for nothing!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

Oh, I'm so sorry that all of you are such freakin critics. You just don't understand anything I said because obviously you had some installer do your **** and not yourself.

There is NOTHING wrong with 5-way 6x9's! Some of you probably have them but don't want to admit it.

There is NOTHING wrong with Kenwood, and until you can PROVE there is, maybe you should keep your comments about Kenwood to yourself.

YES! I'm running my tweeters and dash speakers of my head unit, and door & rear speakers off my amps! Why? Well, since you can't figure it out on your own, it's because I only have so many freakin' amps! 5 pairs of speakers, 3 amps, 2 pairs of speaker outputs from deck... YOU do the math! The tweeters I already have in plus the dash speakers are only getting highs, so I don't feel a need to amplify the highs. If anyone in this forum AMPLIFIES their high frequencies by themselves, you need mental help.

ALL I WANTED (but obviously I was asking too much!) was a few SERIUOS answers and opinions! I didn't ask for your opinions on my brands used.

WHY THE HELL IS IT SO **** HARD TO FIND A FORUM WHERE PEOPLE ARE NOT SUCH CRITICS AND WHO LOVE TO TALK DOWN ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE'S BRANDS OF AUDIO EQUIPMENT CHOICES?!?!?!?!?

Oh, I'm sorry, you guys are a bunch of ****ing EXPERTS and PROS! (In your dreams!). If you were all as ****ing smart as you try to claim, you certainly wouldn't need to seek help in a forum full of other idiots like yourselves.

I'm probably older than most of your dads, so to hear nothing but criticism from a bunch of ****ing children who get mommy to pay for their ****, then slam anyone else's just pisses me off.

NOT ONE of your replies was serious or helpful in ANY way. Thanks for nothing!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

I don't see where anybody was talking **** about Kenwood. Are you a rep for them or something? People were talking about how useless 5 way 6x9s are. I owned a pair until I knew better.

I assume you do not have a substage. But from the sounds of how you have it set up, you care more about the people in the rear than you do yourself. Either that or you're too lazy to do it right.

And yeah there are some kids on here that get on people, but you should not group them all together as inexperienced children because you didn't hear the answer you wanted to hear. There are other forums that would have responded to your question a lot better, but just thought to themselves how stupid your setup is.

I wish you well in your quest for a decent answer. Insulting people is not the way though.

i wasnt bashing anything or making fun of 5 ways. i just know that you can get such a better setup then that. why amplify your 5 ways, when you can amplify your front stage? all your 5 ways do is present music closer to the rear passenger. why not car about what you hear first and not them. any nice front stage is better then amplified 5 ways in the rear deck. its a known fact. and just because your older then my dad doesnt mean anything. i may be young, but i know more then alot of people here. in no way am i calling myself an expert, but if installers a BB (except a few) is what your referring to as a PROFESSIONAL, i can guarantee you i have more knowledge then them and make better decisions install and equipment wise.

i personally would get rid of those tweeters and your 5 ways, buy a nice component set (look into pg rsd 6.5's) and amp those, then thrown in a little co-ax in the rear for you rearfill. there is no reason not to amplify your fornt stage, and if you do it you will be amazed at what it can do.

i wasnt bashing anything or making fun of 5 ways. i just know that you can get such a better setup then that. why amplify your 5 ways, when you can amplify your front stage? all your 5 ways do is present music closer to the rear passenger. why not car about what you hear first and not them. any nice front stage is better then amplified 5 ways in the rear deck. its a known fact. and just because your older then my dad doesnt mean anything. i may be young, but i know more then alot of people here. in no way am i calling myself an expert, but if installers a BB (except a few) is what your referring to as a PROFESSIONAL, i can guarantee you i have more knowledge then them and make better decisions install and equipment wise.
i personally would get rid of those tweeters and your 5 ways, buy a nice component set (look into pg rsd 6.5's) and amp those, then thrown in a little co-ax in the rear for you rearfill. there is no reason not to amplify your fornt stage, and if you do it you will be amazed at what it can do.

Good advice. X2. I have the RSDs and theyre amazing, especially for the price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.