Q68.jpg

or

product_thumb.php

with 2-p210"d4 on 500-1bd

KRYPTO

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
MN
From what I've read the Type R's like ported. I had 2 in a ported box tuned around 30hz and sounded very good in the lows. When it came to the hard hits they would distort and not handle very well.

Right now I have each of them in a 1sqft box with some fill. Still need to hook them up and see how they sound. I do like getting the very low tones and hope they will still be able to do them ok.

porksoda

Dakota GOD!!!
10+ year member
nm
I have a 1992 Oldsmobile 88 and I plan to put a JL 10wx(250w rms) in the trunk. The JL site says I can either put it in a sealed or ported box. What would be recommended? I plan to pair the sub up with a JL 250.1 amp.

I listen to all kinds of music too. I just wanted a little more bass for my daily driver. Thanks for all the help guys!

bubbagumper6

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
The D
I have a 1992 Oldsmobile 88 and I plan to put a JL 10wx(250w rms) in the trunk. The JL site says I can either put it in a sealed or ported box. What would be recommended? I plan to pair the sub up with a JL 250.1 amp. I listen to all kinds of music too. I just wanted a little more bass for my daily driver. Thanks for all the help guys!
It's pretty bad that you can manage to find the correct thread but still not bother to read it. Read the first post in this thread, it gives you the basic idea of what each setup will produce, then make your choice. It's personal preference based on what your goals are.

NissanKicker

Honda-on-22-Nissan-on-20
10+ year member
For the Type R's...

... Ported - But hold back on the WATTS!

( They distort VERY easy )

For the JLwx's...

... I'd do a 2.2cuft After displacement, tuned no lower than 36hz

Phoenix Risen

OG.... Original Ginger
10+ year member
one question gilgamesh, since you seem to have more than enough knowledge to answer any question,

why the HELL are you answering questions from over 2 years ago?

is this what we have to expect out of the 11er's?

Gilgamesh

10+ year member
I do have a question...I'm looking at a dual 12" vented enclosure tuned at 34Hz. it has one 6" vent port on one side and no divider and it is built very stout double baffle and all. Does it matter that there is no divider (seperate chambers)? Also can someone tell me does it matter if inside of the enclosure that the corners aren't rounded (curved)? i heard that the bass is smoother if the corners and the port is curved.....The enclosure is 5 cubic ft......Thanks for your help in advance!!

Phoenix Risen

OG.... Original Ginger
10+ year member
you will be fine with a common chamber, and with no more output than those subs will do you most likely will no notice a difference of the 45s in the corners.

helotaxi

Kilroy was Here
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
The 45s in the corners are more geared toward high power, high SPL setups where anything that can be done to eliminate turbulence might increase SPL. Not to an audible degree, but 0.1dB can be the difference between 1st and 1st place loser. In you case, won't make a bit of difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Louisiana_CRX

Latest threads

Newest posts