Sealed box but how big?

Participant count
  • Participants list
Always better to build your own box then build some fabricated junk that will fall apart over time. Not too mention the sound differences. If anything find out how much room you have, what the subwoofers call for in a ported box and go from there. Or find a box designer and tell them what you have for subwoofers and send them a picture of the area you have to work with and they can design a box that will work with said subwoofers, space and type of music you listen to.

generally the manufacturer specs are good for box size. i agree with dude above, build you own box. it's not that hard. just slap some paint on it or something. you can do a low price box and have great sound. might i recommend doing ported to the side. you also should include what type of music and bass you want to play when considering an enclosure.

been a minute
generally the manufacturer specs are good for box size. i agree with dude above, build you own box. it's not that hard. just slap some paint on it or something. you can do a low price box and have great sound. might i recommend doing ported to the side. you also should include what type of music and bass you want to play when considering an enclosure.
So I listen to hip-hop/rap music. I’m trying to fit it in my 2003 single cab Silverado so I don’t have much space in the back. I Have read that with ported subs are tuned. Is that true? If I built one could I make it like this in a wedge form?

So I listen to hip-hop/rap music. I’m trying to fit it in my 2003 single cab Silverado so I don’t have much space in the back. I Have read that with ported subs are tuned. Is that true? If I built one could I make it like this in a wedge form?

you can make a box whatever shape really, it just has to be enough room for sub depth and enough port length and area and enough net cubic feet for the woofer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.