Screen over port?

Could I put a thin screen, or mesh material over the port opening, to prevent debris from entering my enclosure? Or would this effect the tuning, or something else, that I am unaware of?
May cause port noise. There's a lot of air that moves when the sub is playing. If there's debris that can be flying into your box, you need to clean your car lol

It can't help. I'd say chicken wire should offer little resistance and is thin enough that it would keep like empty beer cans from falling in for you... I assume that's what you're worried about?

I'd say chicken wire. Was thinking about doing this with a ported box a while back after filling it with polyfill. That shit got errrrrywhere in my car.

One of my friends had a few solo cups sucked into his 9515 box. Couldn't get them out by hand, they were so far in there. A few months later, they came out on their own.

id try to find a grille that is just horizontal lines of metal as thin as possible and as few as possible, hard to explain lol. using mesh doesnt seem like a good idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.