Scion xA build log

Participant count
  • Participant list

j_alexander
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Tukee, AZ
So a friend of mine had some eclipse components and tweets sitting around so we decided to replace my of so shitty pioneer stocks, they were a disgrace to say the least. its a simple project really but the car is so small its tough to run wires anywhere especially through the doors! its a good little rice burner though gotta love 35 mpg //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif anyway heres a few pics of what we got accomplished today.

in the top picture the eclipse is on the right versus the stock and in the second the eclipse is on the left, just showing the differences in the motors.

the top photo just shows where we ran the wire nothing major we used 8 guage monster cable for the power wire. the amp shown is just a temporary one til the new 100x4 comes, the one pictured is and old punch i had laying around.

this is just to show how crappy the stock tweets where, they're on the left eclipses are on the right.

showing the door panels all torn off, they were ver simple to take off two screws out disconnect the plugs and pop em right off. thanks to the help of my good frind spenman.

showing the crossover tweeter and speaker all going into place nicely, even though the stock speakers were only 5.25 once we pulled them off it revealed a nice hole perfect for a 6.5 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif so no mdf speaker mounts! everything fit right where the stock stuff was originally mounted except the cross had the be mounted on the door. the only real hasle with this was running the wire through the rubber tube that leads into the door the tube is like trying to fit a square in a circle! the left door is now complete //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

onto the right basically the same as the left just alot harder with the stupid rubber tube.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

its a very basic install just needed new comps very badly so i figured what the heck why noy log it, ill get updates when i can basically all thats left is to finish wiring the beast up. comments and questions are asked for and appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ha ya def not the easiest car to get going but everything went good and im sure will sound great! oh and btw those wires will NOT be left laying out like that they will be under the carpet only popping out to the amp. just didn't finish today so it was left as is. those stock speakers were a sight tho! surrounds were paper and there was a thin plasticky school folder type cone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.