Scion tC front speaker removal... help please! pics inside...

alright so many people know i've stripped my Scion tC to do deadening and audio install...

anyway we're at the point of taking the doors apart in more detail, but i have no idea how to take out my speakers.. there's some weird screws on them

pic of speaker in door:

100_0463.jpg

close up of the screw things..... sorry its excessively blurry, might be better off just looking at the first picture

100_0464.jpg

If anyone has a good solution on how to take these out it would be great... thanks

Those are not screws. They are rivets. My XB has the exact same setup. What you need to do is to drill the centers out with a small drill bit. The baffle and speaker is one piece and will not separate. You will need to make a new baffle. Trace the speaker onto a piece of mdf, cut it out and drill your holes in the exact location. You will need to cut the center out according to your driver size. Mount the new baffle to the door using new nuts, washers and bolts. I also used non hardening modeling clay between the door and the baffle, this made a much nicer baffle and also helped with the window clearance... do not tighten baffle completely as this will just squish the clay out.

If someone can explain how one is to post pics I will. Says my pic is too big, but its no n larger that yours. Is there a way to compress the pic or something?

AWESOME.

thanks so much for the tips, although a similar tutorial is in the Proper door deadening thread, your step by step should help me considerably =)

check out my worklog, you'll see how i'm doin so far on my tC...

i should be making baffles sometime tomorrow or sunday... i'll be sure to post pics...

On 'Toyota' badged Yotas, they use philips head "tapping" screws (Part # 93568-55016) to fasten the speaker mounting bracket to the door. And they also allow you to remove the POS factory speaker from the bracket, again, via screws.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.