SAZ3000 cuts out on low notes

302yota
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ive noticed that sometimes my saz3000 will cut off when I play certain songs, (songs that have about the same frequency low notes (maybe somewhere around 18-23hz)..im running a dual .7 fisp4 18 at 1.4ohms...ive got a xs3400 under the hood, and g31 in the back...just a 140a alt though...amp doesn't get hot, but it will just cut off, and I have to turn the radio off and back on for it to come back on...my voltage doesn't drop any lower than 12.5

i've got two 3k's i'm about to put in... don't scare me lol.

did it work up until recently and now has started causing problems?

any interest in selling it? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

ive noticed that sometimes my saz3000 will cut off when I play certain songs, (songs that have about the same frequency low notes (maybe somewhere around 18-23hz)..im running a dual .7 fisp4 18 at 1.4ohms...ive got a xs3400 under the hood, and g31 in the back...just a 140a alt though...amp doesn't get hot, but it will just cut off, and I have to turn the radio off and back on for it to come back on...my voltage doesn't drop any lower than 12.5
How did u set the gains?

subsonic filter is set around 20hz...box is tuned at 30...I didn't notice it doing this until I hooked up the sp4...ive only ran this amp at 2ohms until then...my gain is at about 3/4 of the way...bass boost is at zero...bass and sub level on radio is at 0...I don't hear any clipping

subsonic filter is set around 20hz...box is tuned at 30...I didn't notice it doing this until I hooked up the sp4...ive only ran this amp at 2ohms until then...my gain is at about 3/4 of the way...bass boost is at zero...bass and sub level on radio is at 0...I don't hear any clipping
1. set subsonic a little higher

2. Gain is too high

3. You can't hear clipping

Didn't have a saz3k but i did have a powerbass xa3000 that did that when the voltage went to low sometimes on that amp my xa4000 on same electrical never cut off. Not saying it's the same thing with the sundown but it could be just gettin sensitive to voltage drop.

I bought the amp used last year...I believe the amp is cutting off due to low voltage, I know an amp does draw more power the as the frequencies get farther away from tuning..so maybe it does pull too much power...my alt went out about 6 months ago, and the biggest one available for me was a 140a, and its about a 2 hour job to install it on my jeep patriot...so I think i'll stick with it..i plan on throwing another g31 in the back to help even more

it may be cutting out becuase the voltage is too low. making the REMOTE voltage too low to keep the amp turned on. happens when you draw too much power without letting it recharge

having the same issue with a saz 5000. and i know my voltage isnt too low. i have a voltmeter built into my cars dash and the gator clips go straight into the 0 gauge posi and neg right at the amp. i cant figure it out. im only getting what i think to be about 3k watts out of it and than it goes into protect. this is with 3 g1 xs d3100s 3 runs sky high 0 gauge. h.o alt. things gone into protect like 6 times in the past 3 weeks. I WISH I KNEW WTF WAS GOIN ON

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.