Same tweeters, different brand?

The only difference in most stuff coming out of China is the brand name. I'd avoid those bullet/horn tweeters like the plague, but if you want loud for the sake of loud, do you even care what they'll sound like?

The only difference in most stuff coming out of China is the brand name. I'd avoid those bullet/horn tweeters like the plague, but if you want loud for the sake of loud, do you even care what they'll sound like?
I'm looking for a v shaped response slope. I just need the tweeters to be loud and blend decently. Obviously, I don't want them to sound terrible, but they don't need to be fabulous

could just go with soundqubed super tweets and make your life easier, since they have that built in crossover you wont have to set anything for your tweets. I have them now and they are insanely loud and clear and only like $45 for the pair

could just go with soundqubed super tweets and make your life easier, since they have that built in crossover you wont have to set anything for your tweets. I have them now and they are insanely loud and clear and only like $45 for the pair
They only go down to 4k hz. I don't know how high my mids will go and still stay clear. I was looking for something that would do 2 or 3 khz

They only go down to 4k hz. I don't know how high my mids will go and still stay clear. I was looking for something that would do 2 or 3 khz
Full format is about the only thing that will play safely down to 2Khz. The AQ tweets work fine, ran them with a 4kHz HPF paired up with some 6.5" PB mids. It is fine to unerlap your xover points since slopes are NOT a brick wall...

I have some Vifa Neo's I'm no longer using....if you're interested shoot me a PM...

those pyle tweeters as well as pyramid were rediculous on just HU power with x overs. I mounted them pointing straight up to tone them down and was still too much. Mine were the 3" version. I got a ticket in a strip mall parking lot for having a PA system!! I also tried the qpower bullets, they were built surprisingly well

What ive played with over the years

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pyramid-TW28-600W-3-75-Aluminum-Bullet-Horn-3-3-4-Tweeters-/361076663265?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item5411d8a3e1 $20. loud as ****

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.