Power Acoustik: $48

Ohms: 3

frequency response: 3,000-20,000

pa-nx5.jpg

Memphis: $130

Ohms: 4

frequency response: 2,000-20,000

92541.jpg

They look identical, except for the top mounting rings. RMS is also the same (100w). The price is really different. I didn't know if you were just paying for the Memphis brand.

I know most people don't like the sound of bullet tweeters..

I was planning on using them in an active 3-way front stage. Thanks!

Open tooled frames are very common in speaker manufacturing in order to lower costs. What looks like the same driver with a different brand name may sound very different.

Open tooled frames are very common in speaker manufacturing in order to lower costs. What looks like the same driver with a different brand name may sound very different.
I was just wondering, because the magnets are the same too. I figured the price was too different to be the same product.

As far as cheap tweeters, how much does it make a difference?

For the bullets check out the Pyle's on PE, same tweeter as you listed. I've run those in a few set ups, can get VERY loud. Do NOT mount them on-axis....

what's the rest of your front stage consist of. Unless it's several a LOT of mids you'll never approach putting anythign but a few watts on those bullet tweeters. Don't worry about yrou amp size because you still have to level match everything to your weakest link, unless you want your treble 2x as loud as everything else. RMS on tweeters is a pretty moot point unless it's for an actual pro audio build or 150+db bassracing style dialy. Even then, for high effeciency ones, still isnt' an issue.

Anyways someone mentioned they pyle pro bullets and all the pyle pro gear I've used has been very impressive for it's price point. I'd try those.

I doubt that you will be giving the tweeters that much power. As stated above, once you level match your drivers things will be fine. It doesn't take a whole lot of power to get the tweeters loud.

I doubt that you will be giving the tweeters that much power. As stated above, once you level match your drivers things will be fine. It doesn't take a whole lot of power to get the tweeters loud.
I understand that, but I'm trying to find what frequency I should cross them over at. I know there is a lot of play with the blending of mids/tweets in an active system. I'm thinking about starting at 3k hz, and going from there

I'm using the 8 ohm pioneers from my for sale thread as mids. They've got a really cool suspension imo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.