SA 12s

I joined this forum about a week ago, had a couple threads and a few people recommended the SA 12s...so I bought them, haa. Their expected arrival is tomorrow.

Two problems, I need help on a box so I know what's going to sound best and hit the hardest. I listen to rap and a little bit of dubstep.

So I need suggestions on the box, cubic feet, port, hz?

Also need suggestions on my amp settings, I'll be running a rf t1500-bd with them.

Anything suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

One more thing, I see people running a bigger speaker wire on the SA 12s? Not sure what I should run on that.

Okay, how much space do you have available? The SA-12 is a very versatile sub, but we'll need to know what we're working with here.

What kind of vehicle is it? Trunk, hatch, truck..?

Also, do you already have the amp? Rockford makes some decent amps, but they tend to be power hogs.

As far as speaker wire goes, anything decent should work. These subs definitely don't require 8 gauge.

I joined this forum about a week ago, had a couple threads and a few people recommended the SA 12s...so I bought them, haa. Their expected arrival is tomorrow.Two problems, I need help on a box so I know what's going to sound best and hit the hardest. I listen to rap and a little bit of dubstep.

So I need suggestions on the box, cubic feet, port, hz?

Also need suggestions on my amp settings, I'll be running a rf t1500-bd with them.

Anything suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

One more thing, I see people running a bigger speaker wire on the SA 12s? Not sure what I should run on that.
What vehicle are you going to install these in and what kind of space are you working with? Those subs will take everything that RF1500 can throw at them - Should match up pretty nicely IMO for a descent daily setup. I'd just run 10ga speaker wire, anything bigger and you will have to cut it down anyway to get it to fit into the push terminals //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I'm in a 2000 Oldsmobile Bravada so I have a decent amount of space. Yea I already have the amp. Should I electrical upgrade? It's all stock.
Yes that rf is a power hog..great amp just hungry...do the big 3 and get a good agm under the hood and maybe one in the back if u can afford to and dont plan on getting a ho alt

Right now I have a rf t1d412 and a hifonics brutus brx 2000.1, running 4 gauge rf amp kit. It sounds decent, pushes air, hits low. The amp is alright, the t1 can take more but I don't wanna run it on the t1500 at 2 ohms. The hifonics amp isn't overheating, doubt it will on the t1 but I got a feeling if I ran the sa12s on it, it'd blow haha. These subs will be here tomorrow, got the amp yesterday. I'm excited man.

If someone could just post what I need to run this all in one comment would be great!

Thanks guys, excellent help.

Right now I have a rf t1d412 and a hifonics brutus brx 2000.1, running 4 gauge rf amp kit. It sounds decent, pushes air, hits low. The amp is alright, the t1 can take more but I don't wanna run it on the t1500 at 2 ohms. The hifonics amp isn't overheating, doubt it will on the t1 but I got a feeling if I ran the sa12s on it, it'd blow haha. These subs will be here tomorrow, got the amp yesterday. I'm excited man.
If someone could just post what I need to run this all in one comment would be great!

Id go 4 cubes tuned around 32-34 with a slot port with 16" port per cube or a 6" aero if space is a issue..u will be happy
^^^ This should work nicely for those

Do your Big 3, get a good AGM under the hood, look into getting an HO alt soon if you really want to push those subs hard daily //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

U will need to do the big 3 and upgrade the batt under the hood to a agm and add a 2nd agm batt in the back .also need to ditch the 4gauge amd run 0ga..my suggestion for batts is duracell agms from sams..i think there are still a few audio technix 0ga amp kits on ebay for cheap if not look at knu konceptz...

**** -__- just got this 4 gauge in the mail 4 days ago -__-

How much would you guys say the new battery, alt, big 3, 0gauge, and box cost? I know you can't say an exact price but estimate?

**** -__- just got this 4 gauge in the mail 4 days ago -__-How much would you guys say the new battery, alt, big 3, 0gauge, and box cost? I know you can't say an exact price but estimate?
New batt will be 130 big batt for back will be 170 ..big 3 kit is like 40 ..0ga kit is 50..a good alt is 400-600....and box will be abiut 200 if u pay someone or u can pay a designer amd build it urself or have someone build it off a cut sheet

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

And save the 4gauge for a 4channel amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.