sa 12s ported enclosure questions.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello All,

You will have to forgive me for asking what some might call stupid questions, but im kinda new to this stuff and trying to do it as correctlv as possible.

I have a set of sa 12s that i have been trying to find the right box for, and im sure there is someone on here who can steer me in the right direction. I came across a slot ported dual 12 box the other day that is double baffled or flush mount anyway, and i would like to know if it would be ok to use it with these subs. Dimensions are as follows: 18" deep, 14" tall, 35 1/4" wide. the port is 3" wide and 12 1/2" tall, and 37"long. From the flush mount to the port wall there is 12 1/2". The box is braced between the subs. Im going to be running them at 1 ohm on an american bass vfl100.1. The subs are sa 12s 4ohm dvc. I would appreciate any input anyone can give on if this enclosure will work. Im putting the enclosure in a 2012 ford fusion trunk. Plenty of room for this enclosure. Thanks in advance.

The way I see it is, yes this enclosure would be acceptable for a high power application. I got 2.6-8 after displacement (maybe a lil less if it has 45s). So at 2.8 the port u decribed makes for 29hz tune again this may vary considering actual displacement with just over 13in of port per cube. Usually a smaller enclosure provides more support for the driver allowing higher than normal power. Now for the disclosure* Im not a pro builder, just a guy thats builds my own. I may be a bit off with some of the info but as I said this is how I build my own. Also Im not familiar with the sundowns tsp numbers or how they will perform in this paticular enclosure.

You need a box built for your needs and for your ride to properly utilize the space the subs and your goals or listening habits and power available.

Thank you to everybody who replied to my questions , I actually think I'm going to give building my own box a try, the enclosure that I described in the op is a flush mount design which is fine if I planned on keeping the SUbs in it but I actually had an old alpine sub laying around that I put in there and it fit so tight that it was more than difficult to get it back out, and I don't want to risk putting the sa12s in there and then damaging them somehow trying to pry them back out. I found some plans on here for a box for sa12s that looks promising. I've never built my own box before but I'm OK with tools and I think I might be able to manage it. I don't have the plans with me now as I'm at work but tonight I will post the dimensions on here an try to get some feed back on what u guys think.the design seems simple enough. Its similar to the box I mentioned earlier but larger with a wider port. If I can remember correctly its tuned to 34hrz. Thanks again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.