need new box

Participant count
  • Participant list

blowthemup
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Bought a new ride and now have less trunk room, I was rocking my 15" FI SSD in a 4 cubic foot box tuned to 33hz but cant fit that in the new trunk. I can probably fit a 3 cubic foot box but was wanting to know how much difference in sound is this over my old box? Im willing to sacrifice a little spl for sq so if you think a sealed enclosure might be better for my situation please say so. I'm looking at doing 24x20x12 if I go ported. Any opinions and builds are appreciated.

I already have a 4 cubic foot box but it wont fit so i'm not really trying to make another one. I'm wanting to keep a litte room in the trunk so maybe I need to do a sq application. Will the 15" ssd sound good sealed? Whats the best size sealed enclosure for my application?

Will 2 cubes be enough for a sealed application with my 15" ssd?

Also considering selling the 15 and its box, then getting a q 12 and putting it in 2.5 cubes at like 30hz.

you will be dissapointed on sealed if you are used to ported, i suggest do a more powerful 12 and make the right ported box and it should still hit almost the same

I never really bump the ssd at full tilt anymore, got tired of all the rattling. If I were to go with a more powerful sub I would need a bigger amp and I don't want to go that route. I'm more interested in a smaller clean sounding setup, just not sure what route to go.

I have thought about 2 10s, what size enclosure you recommend for this route?

Someone want to draw up a 2.5^3 at 35hz for 2 sa 10's for me? Going to need a box builder close to North Carolina.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.