S10 cheap SG system

I'm getting some Jegs racing seats from my dad. He has them in his car and they dont really fit very good, so freebie for me. My driver seat is all cut up (hence the seat cushion) so I deff need something.

Also my back wall upper piece is covered in suede so I may wrap the box in that. Undecided though.

OK, tried the seats at lunch. No go, at lowest setting my legs would be hitting the steering wheel. I wrapped the box in black suede (much nicer) and got everything wired up. I will say these little F'rs HAMMER!! I wasn't expected them to get as loud as they did. I still have a ton of tuning to do as I only messed with the settings for 5 minutes then my wife came out complaining. Tomorrow I plan to get a fuse for my holder and do the finish wiring. I'm stoked!!

I has pickchares!!!

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

Looks great man, sounds great. Mad props:) I love seeing guys do all this themselves. I'm only 20 and just getting into everything, learned a lot in a month so far though. I would definitely try to get some covers for those subs before "someone's elbow goes through them" or something... I have mine in my trunk and I still am wary of having no grilles>.

Ya, I agree. Anyone have recommendations for covers?
I responded to your thread last night with a suggestion for covers but it says the mods had to approve the post....and its still not approved yet...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif only thing I can think of is the URL's pointing to SonicElectronix?? Hopefully this one gets posted and/or approved, anyhow here goes again....I want to start by saying that you did an awesome job on your fiberglass work, your setup is starting to take shape and looks good! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

As for the sub covers, you can try and find a way to mount the bars like the "JL Audio SGR-8W7" kit (search this on SE, I dare not post the URL's to the items again)....im picturing this in my head and I think it would look good on your box as the subs would be very visible and protected. Or you can always fab your own bars out of aluminum or steel rods and powdercoat or paint them if desired. I went with a similar grill on my sub box, I bought the "GS Audio BG-10" (search this on SE as well), I like it because its a clean and simple look plus its inexpensive to boot! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.