S10 cheap SG system

Door roughed in and just put back on so I can drive my truck. Over all I'm happy, just need to do the body work on it once the ice thaws.

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

Opinions, should I just build a typical behind the seat wedge box or go with a center console plan for a sub box? I would prefer to go ported on either one and there will be fiberglass involved. Reason I ask is I still have the factory bench (plan to get some buckets but $$ is tight) and am itching to get my subs and amp installed. I've never really been in a reg cab truck with box behind seat so I'm not sure how good they sound. Subs are ID 8's if you were curious.

Well if wanting done now, I would do the typical build behind bench seat, but be prepared if a decent size dood as you may lose quite a bit of room. If so, I say go buckets and do something with the center console.

I did see you wanted to go ported, which takes up more room than sealed and those ID subs do great in sealed applications. So may want to venture that way if going behind the seat. Ported will definitely make things interesting, lol!

Long time and no update. So here is what I've done today. I'm taking a beer brake and am about to head back out there. What y'all think? Subs are just sitting there and the front will glassed. Also, last night I turned my 60/40 bench seat into a bucket.

DSCF1006.jpg

DSCF1007.jpg

DSCF1008.jpg

DSCF1009.jpg

DSCF1010.jpg

Nice setup.

I did a dual 10 setup similar to that, but some idiots elbow when through my sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Silver paint, no clear. I just wanted to see if I like the silver. I need to get my new seats in stalled since they are black.

Opinions?

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

I also routed my RCAs and wrapped them in the flex wrap (not tubing).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.