Bypassing pcm controlled alternator voltage??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jmward2008

Md
Im having a hell of a time getting my voltage to stay where i want it, its staying in the 12.5 range and when playing my aystem its like the pcm doesnt see it amd just keeps it running at 12.5. I heard there is ways to stop this? Bypass it? (Alt is tested perfect, new agm batt, etc.) Its def the ocm controlled bs.

In the old ladys honda we just keep the fan on its lowest setting and that makes enough load for the eld to keep the alt on.
I noticed playing with my Honda yesterday that it if you turn the headlights on, then turn them to running lights it keeps the alt on. Headlights on works too of couese. Rear defroster too.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

It might be worth a look at this website:

Missing Link Audio

They make modules that will prevent your pcm from regulating your alternator while preventing any charging system errors. I've emailed them and gotten a price for my specific application (07 Tahoe) so it might be worth it to contact them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.