Rodeo Build: Two 15" L7s, KX2500, Kinetik 2400, all kicker mids and highs...

aaron7114
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Arkansas
Well I got a new vehicle a few weeks ago. Its a 2001 rodeo.

So I have to take this out of my accord:

And put it all in here:

I have already installed:

JVC AVX2 CD/DVD Player

Power, ground, remote, RCAs

Speaker Wire for all mids and highs back to KX120.2

Kicker 6" Speakers in front doors

Kicker 6.5" Speakers in back doors

Kicker 3.5" Speakers in the far rear

Here is the box that is going in it:

The two squares on the front of the box are where the amps are going. They will be flush and kind of appear to be inside the box.

System Consists of:

Two 2006 15" L7s

Kicker KX2500.1

Kicker KX120.2

Kinetik 2400

0 Guage Kicker Hyperflex

Kicker 6" Speakers

Kicker 6.5" Speakers

Kicker 3.5" Speakers

JVC AVX2 CD/DVD Player

7.3 Cubes tuned to 35 hz

Planning on getting up early saturday morning to build the box.

looks good man!!!!!
Thanks man. I just hope I'm satisfied with the system in the rodeo. I'm afraid its not going to be as loud as my car since its not going to be walled but I've read on here a lot that SUVs get loud easy. Hope its true.

should be loud...
I hope so...

Worked from 7 yesterday morning until 10:30 last night and just almost got done! Pretty much got everything done except the visual stuff such as the carpet.

Things Left to do:

1. Going to add on to the top and front of the of the box so that it goes side to side.

2. Put the amp cover on the front so the wires are hidden and the amps are flush

3. Carpet

4. Weather stripping on the backglass because it rattles like crazy

We did hook it up to see how it sounded. Hit the lows really good. A lot better than my car. However the roof is flexing so much that you can hear the metal bending inside the vehicle so the lower notes dont really sound that good because of the metal bending sound. Dynamat the only fix for this?

My screen on my cd player keeps shutting off for some reason.

The bass has paused my cd player twice so far...not really sure how but it did.

Nice. I have an 04 Rodeo. I hate the way the wheel wells are in the back, because there is so much more space that could be utilized.

i am probably going to leave the majority of the back bare since you can only see it if you lay the backseats down.

the wheel wells do ****...the box could be alot bigger if they werent there.

i put dynamat on the back hatch and weather stripping along the backglass yesterday. it helped but it still rattles quite a bit. i still have to get some dynamat to put on the roof. not looking foward to taking down the headliner. how much sound deadner will it take to do my roof?

i am ready to extend the box out, put the amp rack cover on, and carpet it so it will look good.

thanks for all the good comments!

i thought kicker subs needed more space, 7.3 cubes might be small. buddy of mine has 2 15" l7s in 10 cubic foot box @ 35hz and its insane.
They dont have to be in a huge box. Everyone seems to think that but they really dont. On the meter they actually usually do better in a smaller box.

First ported box I had my L5s in in my accord was 6.5 cubes and I was doing a 147.6 on the Termlab. Pretty impressive from the trunk with no electrical upgrades and L5s.

Then I upgraded to L7s and built the wall.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.