Rockville baby

Man oh man I’ve been looking at Incriminator audio I12 or sundown E-12 both 500rms but many say can handle well over 500. You think one of these would pair up well with the amp? And also should I build to exact recommended specs or can I tune lower if I want lower bass? I’m very new to the concept of tuning a subwoofer enclosure but I’m using this website https://subbox.pro/en/design/?bt=2&...=&sn=&pt=1&pq=1&rf=30&pd=127&pw=2&pa=150&pp=0
That is all Chinese to me. When I used to build enclosures I just stuck to manufacturer specifications. Never saw the need to deviate for it sounded good with it's specs. But now I see guys making booming systems with 6.5 & 8 inch subs and I am wtf?! Of course like you found, there are programs to do all the calculations for you, so if you are up for it, do it. Btw, have you forgone the 15" sub?

That is all Chinese to me. When I used to build enclosures I just stuck to manufacturer specifications. Never saw the need to deviate for it sounded good with it's specs. But now I see guys making booming systems with 6.5 & 8 inch subs and I am wtf?! Of course like you found, there are programs to do all the calculations for you, so if you are up for it, do it. Btw, have you forgone the 15" sub?
Manufacturer recs are a baseline to me. I adjust for amount of power being used and tend to tune a tad bit higher.

Dude I would love a single 15 especially one like this. But I only have about 17 inches of height maximum in my trunk. I guess I could build at an angle with the sub facing more upward but that throws off the geometry and I can’t do those calculations.

Dude I would love a single 15 especially one like this. But I only have about 17 inches of height maximum in my trunk. I guess I could build at an angle with the sub facing more upward but that throws off the geometry and I can’t do those calculations.
I was going to recommend Oz Audio Vector but that NVX looks better.

Check out the dimensions of the outer baffle ring, you should be just fine. My enclosure is hosting a 15" Hertz SX 380D with 15.5" height clearance. The ring basically touches the ground, but it doesn't matter.. the hole is 13 13/16" in diameter. The mounting plate is 15 3/8"

I took the day off from work and spent some time with my dad. He had some 3/4 inch mdf laying around so we built a very nice enclosure. He’s got some serious carpentry skills and a shop full of tools. Most of the subs I’ve looked at recommend between 2-3cubes and 30-35hz so I said f*** it and built a 2.25cu box tuned to 32hz. Fits perfectly in my trunk. We have plenty more mdf if I need to build something different, just had a good time working with my father most of all. Now I’m between a SSA DEMON, FI Audio Alpha, and a few others but I just want to hear what you guys could recommend. Most slap for under $200

Does this mean you you increase the internal volume if you’re using less power? And is tuning to 28hz too low? The demon is recommended 28-32hz I believe.
Yes, but it's a fine line. Tuning is a personal preference. Do you only listen to bass boosted stuff? That's the only reason why I can think off that someone would tune that low in a car. I can't think of anything I listen to that plays that low. I usually tune 37-40.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.