Rockford vs JBL vs Alpine vs SoundQubed at ~ 500 watts RMS Poll

SoundQubed vs JBL vs Alpine vs Rockford

• Total voters
[quote name='Jcsaudio']Does anyone know if the current generation SQ series amps are Korean made?[/QUOTE]

Yes the sq are Korean.
The current line up are Chinese and Korean amps at very different price points but almost exact specs. I have the q1 2200.2 I bought off @TheFiverMan and it’s been a a great amp thus far & fairly efficient

Well, I went out on a limb and decided to replace the burned up mosfets in the club 5501 with new ones from mouser electronics and solder them in. To my surprise the club 5501 is back from the dead and working great again. Only cost me $14 too. So now I might have to upgrade the front stage, which means maybe a new 4 channel, more powerful midbass woofers, and added midranges to keep up with the nice sounding Sundown SD3 10”

Interesting that the Rockford won out here, I thought for sure the SoundQubed or JBL would win.

I would have chosen the Alpine myself if running at 2 ohm and no more than 500 rms needed. All from experiencing a2014 model and seems to still perform nicely on a pair of Polk SVC 4 ohm 10s. Pretty solid amp and does very well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...