Rockford Fosgate T162S Comps or CDT Audio CL62

Participant count
  • Participant list

Doola36
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SoCal
I am looking at these comps and I was wondering which one should I choose for my front stage in my Titan. The Fosgates will cost me $185 and the CDTs would cost me $229. I will be powering these off of a Fosgate T600-4 or a JL Audio 450/4. I listen to rap, slow jams, oldies, **** there just about anything. I am also looking at some rear fills. I was looking at some Fosgate T162C 6.5. With the purchase of the CDT's I will recieve a pair of CDT CL-61s for free.

don't have much experience with cdt but I loved my rockfords.

I have some rockford T2 5-1/4" aka type RF comps i would let go for around $120 shipped

and for another $30 T1 5-1/4"s

don't have much experience with cdt but I loved my rockfords.I have some rockford T2 5-1/4" aka type RF comps i would let go for around $120 shipped

and for another $30 T1 5-1/4"s
Thanks, but I am looking at the 6.5s.

I have sold and installed many sets of both of these. My personal listening preference is for the CDT's. I'm not a big fan of metal dome tweeters (titanium). If you like a bit more aggressive tweeter though, the rockfords may be the way to go.

Also CDT has a component set in the CL Series that is a 6x9 Midbass/midrange, and TW-25 tweeter. I believe it the CL-69. I have done a couple Titans with this setup and they sound pretty good.

-Jay

figured it couldn't hurt to ask.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
No, it didn't hurt. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have sold and installed many sets of both of these. My personal listening preference is for the CDT's. I'm not a big fan of metal dome tweeters (titanium). If you like a bit more aggressive tweeter though, the rockfords may be the way to go.
Also CDT has a component set in the CL Series that is a 6x9 Midbass/midrange, and TW-25 tweeter. I believe it the CL-69. I have done a couple Titans with this setup and they sound pretty good.

-Jay
Cool, Thanks....Right now I have some Infinity Kappa 6x9s and I want some comps up front.

Cool, Thanks....Right now I have some Infinity Kappa 6x9s and I want some comps up front.
Thats funny, one of the Titans I did had Kappa 6.5" coaxials up front when it came in. We moved those to the rear, and added the 6x9 components up front. All ran off a Crossfire XP-6004.

Are you planning to put the tweeter in the factory dash location?

-Jay

Thats funny, one of the Titans I did had Kappa 6.5's up front when it came in. We moved those to the rear, and added the 6x9 components up front. All ran off a Crossfire XP-6004.
Are you planning to put the tweeter in the factory dash location?

-Jay

Yeap....That is the only reason I wanted to get comps up front. I just didn't want to buy a pair of tweeters for 40-50 dollars. I also have some Infinity comps in my rear fill. BuT I plan on putting all the Infinity speakers back into my Altima.

Yeap....That is the only reason I wanted to get comps up front. I just didn't want to buy a pair of tweeters for 40-50 dollars. I also have some Infinity comps in my rear fill. BuT I plan on putting all the Infinity speakers back into my Altima.
Well give the CL-69 component set a look, the 6x9 mid just drops into the factory door location.

-Jay

Well give the CL-69 component set a look, the 6x9 mid just drops into the factory door location.
-Jay
I will give them a look. With the 6.5s I was going to make a bracket for them and use the factory 6x9 bracket.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.