RMS for two type R's...

ladiesman8527
10+ year member

The Man
i just ordered two Alpine SWR-1221D's and an Alpine MRD-M501. the Alpine MRD-M501 puts out this power at 2ohms which is how the subs will be wired:

• 550W x 1 RMS (2ohm;@14.4V 1% THD+N)

• 425W x 1 RMS (2ohm;@12V 1% THD+N)

The Alpine SWR-1221D's are rated at 300 watts RMS with 1,000 watt peak power handling. my question is will these subs be able to handle this power?....i hear the Type-R's are power hungry subs and are under-rated from the factory. if any type-r owners know please help.

I have a jbl 600.1 with the exact same subs u will be using and it puts out 600 watts rms at a 2ohm load and my subs pound! I think that will enough power to make them move quite well tho they can handle alot more power. Hope this helps

The Type R's usally like around 400-600 watts RMS to get the most out of them. The amp you have should be underrated so you should get more watts out of it then it says, but as Jmac said making a bigger box would be a good ideal to make up for the lack of power.

That amp actually does quite well with 2 Type R 12's. I know someone with that exact setup and he has the Alpine designed ported box.

To me it sounds good and gets pretty loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.