RL-i8".....not what I expected

turn the gains up on the sub and down on the components, phuk gain setting correctly when it sounds like chit, to many variables to endure chit sound when a tweak of a dial will give you wat you want.

yea i watched that realm of excursion vid thats why i wanted a RL-I .. must be something wrong with your install .. but 1 RL-I should push decent .. 2 or 3 would've been better for your car

want the plans for the box in the vid in my sig?
I'm going to call the girl I sold my prelude to that had a Kappa 10.1 in it and ask her to bring it by so i can plug it in to my amp to see if everything sounds like it does in her. Then ill try and put the new sub on her amp to see how it sounds with her set up. That should eliminate any possibilities of me screwing anything up with the amp and such and narrow it down to the enclosure and the sub its self.

I have a 1.1 cubed ported box tuned to 33hz with a kicker older model CVR. It has a 3 inch pvc port in it. It gets very loud and sounds very full and low. I will make you a ported box for 30 bucks that will sounds great, I live around Southlake. PM me if interested. That sub of yours should sound great and pretty loud if done correctly. PM me

I could be completely wrong, but to me, the way I see that amp is, if you run the front channels in stereo you would would getting this:

2 x 75 @ 4 (front)

1 x 150 @4 (rear)

If thats the case. That SS is starving.

Here is the amp hes using. CLICK ME Someone else look at the specs and see if thats what it looks like to you.

I could be completely wrong, but to me, the way I see that amp is, if you run the front channels in stereo you would would getting this:2 x 75 @ 4 (front)

1 x 150 @4 (rear)

If thats the case. That SS is starving.

Here is the amp hes using. CLICK ME Someone else look at the specs and see if thats what it looks like to you.
Yeah thats the amp. Look at the MONO configuration though, it says"300Wx2 @ 4 ohm"

which means bridged right?

OK... Looking at it again and going over it in my brain (which is scary in itself) I was looking at the fact that at 4 ch @ 4 ohm is 75 per channel. But if you bridge the rear channels, the amp would actually be seeing the sub as a 2 ohm load yielding a 300 watt output.

That was my first thought to was that it was being starved but im pretty sure i have everything in order...

Once i get that infinity from my old car I'll see how it runs off this amp and that will let me know if the sub/enclosure is the problem for sure

OK... Looking at it again and going over it in my brain (which is scary in itself) I was looking at the fact that at 4 ch @ 4 ohm is 75 per channel. But if you bridge the rear channels, the amp would actually be seeing the sub as a 2 ohm load yielding a 300 watt output.
It says bridged at 4ohm yields 300WRMS. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Port it. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.