RL-i8".....not what I expected

And why would too large of a box be killing his output? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

On the other hand, if it's not totally sealed (push the sub in, it should come out slowly) then the air leak is wreaking havoc with your output. Seal it up completely, let it dry, and test for leaks. It won't rattle body panels but should put out a nice vibe on 300 watts.

my assassin 8 bumps fine. .48 before sub. **** gets low.just saw off that front panel plus some more to make the box smaller and make a new cutout and glue that ***** back on.

i think your expecting too much from an 8, and you dont know how to build a proper box for it. i say get someone to build you a box or sell it and get a sub you might be able to hear without a nice box

i think your expecting too much from an 8, and you dont know how to build a proper box for it. i say get someone to build you a box or sell it and get a sub you might be able to hear without a nice box
x2

its a single 8"... in a trunk.. what do you expect?

i have one in about .5cf.. in a hatch.. it sounds good and blends well...but it certainly doesn't get really loud.

May i ask the exact reason for doing a single 8, sealed? Hell, if your loosing sleep over this, then obviously your expectations and desires in car audio is a bit higher than a single 8 sealed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif What kinda car you got?

2.5cuft rear chamber and 0.75cuft front chamber and a 14" long 1.5" x 10" port in each chamber.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

F3 of 26Hz and 74Hz before cabbin gain.

Even thouhg WinISD is probably the worst program in the world to ty and model a 6th order enclosure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

So why has anybody not asked if he has tried reversing the polarity on one voice coil (if it's the DVC4)?

I'm guessing you set your gains via a DMM correct? **** that **** and set it by ear and see if you notice a difference. A slightly leaky enclosure and a slightly oversized enclosure will NOT affect output as much as people think it will. I have an enclosure with a 3" diameter hole cut out of it and it still has almost normal output with a single 10" in it. When I cover up the hole, it just get rid of noise and is slightly louder. I have also put a single 10" in a 2.5 cubic foot sealed enclosure and the output again was only slightly reduced at higher bass frequencies.

Sealed a leak can have a big effect on output.
Not as noticeable as playing it free-air vs it being in an enclosure. He claims it has no output at all and wonders if it is on. In my enclosure with the giant hole in it, I can **** sure hear the sub and covering the hole does NOT gain me even 3 dB on my radio shack meter. I'm talking a 3" diameter hole and not some slight amount of air coming out between the baffle and the carpet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.