RL-i8".....not what I expected

It says bridged at 4ohm yields 300WRMS. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Port it. lol
but what i was talking about is the fact that it is 300 x 2 briged to 2 channels, not 3.

I have it sortted out. thank you for your concern

just let me build you a boxthis is a box for my 8 and it slams

i mean the gear you ahve is fine, it's all in the install
wow, how big is that box? it sure has a lot of port area

I tried turning the gains all the way down on the Focals and the gain all the way up on the sub. When I did that the amount of bass I got from the sub was matched to the volume the Focals were at. But when I started to turn up the volume the sub sounded like crap when I was looking at it in the trunk. It sounded a little better when I was in the car's cabin but I could tell when I was in the trunk the sub was trying too hard.

I know the Focal's I have have a sensitivity of 93db but what is the RL-i's sensitivity? Is it possible that the sub just doesn't make AS efficient use of the power when the volume is set to a certain place?

I know my box is COMPLETELY sealed and the only thing I can see wrong with the set up is the fact the box is .1 too big. I still don't think that would create this big a problem though...

too big of a box is only going to reinforce the low end more, not hamper output. Too small of a box will do that.

You said it sounded like crap with the gain turned all the way up; That is severe clipping.

This sub just isn't going to work out for me.

I'm going to order an AA Assassin 10". The sealed enclosure specs that they have on their site have a volume of .83 cubic feet and the enclosure I have the RL-i in happens to be .82 cubic feet sealed. I'll cut the hole out a little larger and see how this works out.

Anyone object to this plan...with a good reason?

i think your going to be unhappy because you dont have the power you need for what your expecting
Wrong, I've had an infinity Kappa10.1 run of the EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF POWER, and it used to POUND like crazy! I don't want to win SPL contests, I just don't want to have to check the trunk every now and again to make sure the sub hasn't been stolen because I cant even hear it:uhoh:

This sub just isn't going to work out for me. I'm going to order an AA Assassin 10". The sealed enclosure specs that they have on their site have a volume of .83 cubic feet and the enclosure I have the RL-i in happens to be .82 cubic feet sealed. I'll cut the hole out a little larger and see how this works out.

Anyone object to this plan...with a good reason?
I think you'll be happier. After everything is all said and done, its still a sealed 8. With the 10 you'll make better use of the trunkspace and you'll get more output. It'll probably still be cheaper than the 8.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.