RL-i8".....not what I expected

I don't mean to revive old threads, but I was searching for info on the RLi 8 and this is the only topic where I've found a horrible review. Was this resolved? I searched through the OPs threads and found he was selling it a few days after saying he didn't have enough power for the sub. What happened here? =/
I don't know what he ever ended up doing. I will tell you that I have 2 in my wifes car, and the SQ sounds AWSOME. Also, the output is great too (139.6 on the dash with 2 ported), lol. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

I'm not putting down this sub or anything but I noticed something kind of funny. When you read all of the reviews on this sub most of the people say how good the output is, but in this thread everyone says "its only an 8 its not going to be loud".

Just something i noticed and thought was kind of funny.

I'm not putting down this sub or anything but I noticed something kind of funny. When you read all of the reviews on this sub most of the people say how good the output is, but in this thread everyone says "its only an 8 its not going to be loud".
Just something i noticed and thought was kind of funny.
8's may not get super loud, but I have 2 RE8's in a 1.5cube PORTED box, tuned to 35hz.....and with BOTH on a 300 watt rms amp, I hit 131db @40hz on dash, and 133.3db @49hz in the kick. Dont know about anyone else, but that was loud enough for me. I may have gained a db or 2 since then, because I now have a PG Xenon 400.1 putting out 425watts to them, and havent had a chance to remeter them yet.

and this is in the trunk of a Dodge Neon, but with the back drivers seat down (amp is mounted on the back of the seat), and the front drivers seat open, so outlaw, not legal...lol

The issue was resolved. It turns out my amp just didnt like to be bridged for whatever reason, it was odd. Bridged my amp is supposed to have 300RMS at 4 ohms but it just didn't care to have it that way.

We took the box/sub out of my trunk and put it in Jntar's truck and ran it off his amp that pushes 300RMS at 4 ohms and it POUNDED. It sounded really good on his amp but for whatever reason mine just wasn't working with it. I sold the sub to some guy on the forum and I think he's happy with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.