right tweets crackle

Participant count
  • Participant list

bradl79
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NLR
I tried setting the time alignment on my hu (clarion nx702) and when i increase my space which is in cm the right side has some sort of crackle on certain parts of a song. I have them set on a passive crossover 530ex @0db anyone know what the issue can be? Does not do it on left side and when i have the ta set to 0 i don't hear the crackle

try wire the tweets to a -3db on the passive crossover and see if that makes a diff. weird that it only does it on one side, hope one of your tweets isn't blown

i don't think they are, but it happens on my right tweet and imagining tweet

i am going t o try the -3db and also swap tweets and see if its just on the right side or if its the tweet its self

try swap the left for right rca on you tweeter amp to check if the problem changes sides, if it does it's not a speaker issue it's a signal issue //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

new rca's, ground you rca's..... run rca's a diff direction (away from pwr'd wires/speaker wires)

I reackon it'll be one of the passive crossovers having a dry solder joint or something

i swapped out the rca's from the high rca to the mid rca i have on my HU, and so far so good, no crackle and it sounds cleaner, so i am assuming it must be my RCA, it ***** b/c the RCAs are a 4ch Stinger 4000, so i hope its just the RCAs and not the High HU preout. Think u Side Show

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.