Which High End Entry Line 6.5 comp to pick. Rainbow SLX or SLC or Focal Access

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cunuck

Alright so I am in the market for a high SQ and still decently loud 6.5 component. I want to stick around $200 on a pair. I will go a little more or a little less. I was thinking of getting an entry line of a high end product. I (kind of) have it narrowed down to

- rainbow SLC or SLX

- focal access.

Does anyone have experience with either of (or preferably both) of these speakers and which is better. Please don't tell me I need to go and hear it myself because I cannot find a rainbow dealer to save my life, if anyone knows of one in the Tampa bay area please tell me. Also if you have any other speakers to recommend please recommend them. I've also looked at DLS Dynaudio Hertz but have ruled out Hertz because I've heard the high highs are harsh. Any help as deeply appreciated. Thanks!

Most of what you mentioned are either very harsh sounding tweets. Or more than $200 per set. If buying rainbows on line. Beware. Could be fakes Dyn you won't find real ones for $200 as well closer to $1000+ Dls. I could prolly do something but would need to know how much power you'll be running on them

70w at 4 ohms or 125w at 2 ohms if I do not get a different amp, but I would probably upgrade with time.
I could put you into a set of Dls components at 70 rms per side for $200. But if your thinking more power then I'd say look at another set could get you into a set for around $280 new in Dls or cdt Hertz or focal would be more to take 150 rms per side

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.