rhino lining a sub box

juddspaintballs
10+ year member

find em hot leave em wet
I think I'm going to rhino line my next sub box (externally). What actual brands of the stuff do people commonly use, do they get it sprayed on or rolled on? Does anyone have any pictures of a rhino lined box? Does it stand up to the test of time? I'm considering thing since I am no good at carpeting yet I my box tends to get pretty beat up sometimes

I dont have pictures anymore but I can get some, I Line-X'd a box that was in my F-150 and I'm here to tell ya, it's a heck of a lot more tough than just carpeting it lol, it's held up well for me, box was built over a year and ahlf ago and has been sitting in my garage for about a year

If I were you, though, I would take my time and almost prime the box, fill in the holes where you countersunk screws and make sure everything is as even as it can be - otherwise it gets kinda ugly once it's applied

I had my box sprayed professionally, btw

yes I know rhino lining is a brand name, but thats how people know what I'm talking about.

I'll be sure to prime my next box.

Do you know how much it cost you to get it sprayed?

did some research on permatech. little more durable than rhino liners, stays flexible instead of rock hard, comes in any color imaginable, and you can even get it in glow in the dark. there's a place not too far from me back in MD that I could get it done too. average cost is $350-$500 for a truck bed so it shouldn't be too awefully much to have a box sprayed.

im sorry i thought you were going to rhyno line the inside of the box. as of the outside it would look very nice.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yes, I might not have been clear. I'm lining the outside instead of carpeting or painting it. It goes in the back of my 4 door jimmy and will be moved around alot to haul things as well as have things set on it or rub against it (like my tool bag and box that I always carry with me).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.