Resko1's Team Sundown Metro build

I like that green color. I was gonna paint it white but decided to keep it green. All of my interior lights are green including the dash, remote switch and HU.

And the super huge port looks sexy!

Little bit of an oops when cutting the carpet around the port but everything else is top. I used a special vhb double sided tape that's pressure sensitive to seal the port so i didn't want carpet underneath interfering with the sealing.

Yeah. Im pretty positive its an amp issue. Will know later today for sure.

And if all goes well, I should have some video's up tomorrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I like that green color. I was gonna paint it white but decided to keep it green. All of my interior lights are green including the dash, remote switch and HU. And the super huge port looks sexy!

Little bit of an oops when cutting the carpet around the port but everything else is top. I used a special vhb double sided tape that's pressure sensitive to seal the port so i didn't want carpet underneath interfering with the sealing.

Yeah. Im pretty positive its an amp issue. Will know later today for sure.
Yea, if it matches a few things then I say go with it. On the other hand bright white would look sexy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif haha...

Yea, sorry to hear about your amp though. Always ***** to hear about things like that.

do you think its is possible the voltage drop was to to the internal caps charging up. i had a similar problem a while ago with a smaller amp it went into protect instantly thought the brand new amp i bought was junk let it sit for a while with the power wires hooked up and tried turning it on again and it was fine never had a problem again. if all the caps inside had been drained completely it will draw an inital amount of power much greater than normal idle. im not saying it should haved dropped your voltage that bad but maybe.

do you think its is possible the voltage drop was to to the internal caps charging up. i had a similar problem a while ago with a smaller amp it went into protect instantly thought the brand new amp i bought was junk let it sit for a while with the power wires hooked up and tried turning it on again and it was fine never had a problem again. if all the caps inside had been drained completely it will draw an inital amount of power much greater than normal idle. im not saying it should haved dropped your voltage that bad but maybe.
That was one of the possibilities Steve and I milled over. Not possible though. Caps charge at initial contact. Thats why you get a spark when connecting the amps power leads from the surge. I'm 90% sure something internally is shorted. It happened within 2 sec. turned it on, voltage dropped, amp emitted a high pitched noise, cut into protect. I re-tried it a few times on the phone with Steve to test a few things and after the first time, the green light never kicked on like it did and it went straight to protect, no voltage drops.

If you didn't even have the music playing and your voltage dropped that low then it's definately an amp problem.
Definitely agree now Geoff. Installed the ab 200.1 today and worked perfectly fine.

Its not what i was expecting with a build but then again, im using not even half the amount of power originally planned for. Its decent though. Makes my steering wheel, turn signal and mirrors go nuts. door flex is pretty bad. But the deadner worked pretty **** well in the rear. Not much flex there. Will try to get vids but it's cold out today.

Oh. And its tuned too low. I need to raise my tuning up about 3-4hz.

Man i hate cell phone video's. They never do justice!

Seems to have a strong peak about 24-25hz. I need to raise that to above 30. Goal was to tune and peak low, but not that low!

hey, are you getting a adjustable alt. I bought one from him rated 285 that fits stock location with adjustable regulator. and I also bought a universal 300amp alt. I may or may not use the universal alt. but I do need it since I and pulling 1200amps on my substage... PITA to build the bracket and fit it. so I am thinking about selling it. but not too sure yet. too exspensive to let go cheap

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.