Resko1's Team Sundown Metro build

One littttle problem though. Went to power the amp and it drew an *** ton of current. Dropped voltage down to 9v then went into protect

Re-checked ALL the wiring and everything is fine. Nothings grounding. All fuses are intact. All connections are tight. And now my volt meter which is connected to the output side of the batteries is only reading 12.8

Really? Info?

Lithionics.com They are what im going to use in my build and any street pounder system that requires batteries that leaves our shop. Be sure to have all the specs on current requirement that you need before you call, it will save you time. They are a really good group of guys too. The last vehicle we did one in was the wrong battery case and they came out to our shop on a Sunday to make it right so we could deliver the vehicle.

Extremely. Just talked with Steve at Ampmedics (where the amp came from). He says its a current issue.
I say its an amp issue, not related to the install. The amp should not be drawing much if any current with no load.

I say its an amp issue, not related to the install. The amp should not be drawing much if any current with no load.
I agree. Going to recheck all grounding plus i have a ab 200.1 coming tomorrow for a buddy. Going to see what that does.

awww man...that sucks! was hoping to see that amp rape them 8s //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

shouldn't be dropping that low with no load and on that battery bank...i say amp too...booty

????

Any input geoff before i send this amp back to steve? Id hate to pay 60 in shipping both ways to find out its not the amp. Was gonna have brian stop by to test it in the hoe but i didnt have enough time. And the 200.1 will be here tomorrow. If that doesnt work then i know i have a wiring issue somewhere.

Subs in. Everything is done except i dont have a working amp till later today:(

Atomic's going out for repair tomorrow. Was really hoping to make these sa8's put in work but meh, the ab will do justice for break in and testing.

Pics..

finish1.jpg

finish2.jpg

finish3.jpg

finish4.jpg

I hope it is just a wire issue, but I think we all know better no matter how much we all wish for your sake it wasn't.

I'm sure that 200.1 will do just fine for the time being though.

8's look good btw....maybe paint the port though? Those little 8's make the port look huge haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.