replace rear speakers, should I??

if your just using medioaker speakers 2 in the front are not going to do much if you have rear passengers because if you have to 12's behind them all they will hear is the subs. So i can see where you guys are coming from i guess it depends on the situation and prefrence.

if your just using medioaker speakers 2 in the front are not going to do much if you have rear passengers because if you have to 12's behind them all they will hear is the subs. So i can see where you guys are coming from i guess it depends on the situation and prefrence.
That's all going to depend on how the front speakers and subs are installed and tuned. If the subs and speakers are oriented and tuned in a manner to best blend with the system as a whole, then rear passengers should have just as much an enjoyable listening experience.

It depends on the vehicle, setup, and tuning.

My 4-door Explorer sounds better with a little bit of rear fill. I'm driving around right now with the rear speakers off because I am in the middle of changing amps, and it doesn't sound as great as it did before in my particular vehicle. If I had a smaller vehicle, like a car or a two-door truck or SUV, then things would be different. I also use my system for concert DVDs and movies in 5.1, so the rears have a definite role in that. And yes, I carry passengers all the time.

That said, I invested much more into all aspects of the front stage. More power, more tuning, better speakers, etc. And for the majority of people, rears may indeed be a waste of time and counterproductive. Sounds like it in this guy's case. I'd highly suggest dumping more cash into the fronts before even considering the rears, and if you do run rears, send them less power.

My point is that rear fill is not always a waste.

Only reason i have rear speakers is because i have alot of friends in back. other then that man dont waste your cash build up on a front stage.

I have rear speakers because Nothing else is set-up in my car.

But if you want it to feel like the sound is coming from everywhere, YOu can get some coaxil rear fills. Just don't spend that much it's not worth it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.