replace rear speakers, should I??

highbl00d
10+ year member

ewa, HI
Hey all. Ive seen tons of great advice here. I've been looking at a set of Polk db 6x9 for my front door and polk db 6.5 for the rear. I already have 2 10" subs under my seat in the rear of course, with an amp. I am also planning on running a 4 channel amp for my door speakers. My question is, since I get most of the quality sound from the 6x9 in the front doors, should I even bother changing out my rear 6.5" doors?

I can get all 4 speakers for $150. would it be better if I use ALL the money toward better 6x9's? I havent really dealt with this situation before and just wondering if swapping out the rears would make a world of a difference.

THANKS !!!

Yes, use all the money towards better front speakers and forget about the rears... and with a 4 channel amp, you could either get a biampable component set or one that can take gobs of power.

ok I been to 3 shops here. so far all 3 reccomend swapping all 4 speakers and utilize the amp as a true 4 channel. since Im on a budget, I guess the polks will do.

thanks for the input.

rear speakers for rear passengers. easy as that. if you won't have any, don't worry. or if you don't care about what your passengers hear, don't replace them. and plus, the subs will blur out the rear speakers.

ok I been to 3 shops here. so far all 3 reccomend swapping all 4 speakers and utilize the amp as a true 4 channel. since Im on a budget, I guess the polks will do.
thanks for the input.
Of course they will say that.. they want to sell you 4 speakers instead of 2. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Of course they will say that.. they want to sell you 4 speakers instead of 2. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
exactly lol. especially if they get paid on commission...

how many times have we said on this forum, especially recently, that "REAR SPEAKERS ARE A WASTE OF TIME!" There really a waste of time if YOU HAVE SUBS!!

I think rear speakers should only be used if you dont have subs or dont plan on getting any

take the money you planned on buying rear speakers with and put it towards a very nice front stage!

sorry guys for being a lil edgey on this post, but i just had to let that out!

how many times have we said on this forum, especially recently, that "REAR SPEAKERS ARE A WASTE OF TIME!" There really a waste of time if YOU HAVE SUBS!!
I think rear speakers should only be used if you dont have subs or dont plan on getting any

take the money you planned on buying rear speakers with and put it towards a very nice front stage!

sorry guys for being a lil edgey on this post, but i just had to let that out!
Agreed 100%

A properly installed strong front stage will be enough for the entire cabin when a sub stage is present.

I strongly disagree, when i am in my truck i like being able to hear mids from the front and rear, i have Polks all around, and 2 10" JL's under the back seat, and they do not blur out the rear speakers, also buddy that posted this Forum, i doubt you will be entering a db compition, so i believe this is more of a personal prefrence

-my 2 cents

I strongly disagree, when i am in my truck i like being able to hear mids from the front and rear, i have Polks all around, and 2 10" JL's under the back seat, and they do not blur out the rear speakers, also buddy that posted this Forum, i doubt you will be entering a db compition, so i believe this is more of a personal prefrence
-my 2 cents
First things first....if you aren't going for any kind of realism in the music or correct placement on the soundstage and are wanting something that will be loud...by all means put some in there but for a realistic sound..it won't be right. On a second note musicians and instruments are played in front of you in a concert...not behind you...so why have sound coming from behind you?

First things first....if you aren't going for any kind of realism in the music or correct placement on the soundstage and are wanting something that will be loud...by all means put some in there but for a realistic sound..it won't be right. On a second note, musicians and instruments are played in front of you in a concert...not behind you...so why have sound coming from behind you?
Bingo. A standard music CD is mastered for stereo sound only. Left and right only.

And going for dB's is stupid in my opinion... why just hear music when you can listen to it instead?

Like i said personal preference.
Agreed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Although I will always suggest to someone whom is looking for front and rear speakers to take all that money and get the best front stage they can. Tune it, play with it a bit, just get a good feel for having only a front stage for a couple/few weeks. And if it's still not enough, save up for a couple more weeks then throw some rear speakers in.

I only run a front stage, I have 3 ways in the rear but disconnected them since I have no use for them, my focals get plenty loud and sound good doing it, they can even be heard by rear passengers, I agree that in terms of sq a strong front stage is all that is necessary, plus when you got a f

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.