Removed Sub now there is no sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

94VERTiGO

I have a 90 mustang GT convertible. Previous owner had a self powered sub sitting on the back seat. I removed the sub for fear of break in to steal it. Now, there is no sound. I have power, to the unit. Hear a pop in the speakers when it powers on. It will play a CD (display counts track etc...) but still no sound.

Have checked wiring, power, speakers, ground, but there is one blue wire, I think it is REM wire. It was connected to the sub, but now I have it connected to nothing.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Pat

Have you tried removing the battery terminals to reset your headunit? Might be a setting that was set.

Or the headunit could be messed up.

Also when you say you checked the wiring did you check to see if it was all connected correctly by viewing a wire diaghram.

I have unplugged the head unit and taken it out of the car so it has had the chance to reset, that should have been the same as removing battery terminals, right?

I have not changed any of the wiring other than removing the sub which involved unplugging RCA jacks out of the back and disconnecting the blue wire which is currently not connected to anything.

I am beginning to think the head unit may be bad. But why would everything work, radio settings, scan preset, equalizer settings, (powerful, flat and all that nonsense). Put in a CD and it shows track number and time of track on display, but no sound comes out of speakers.

It is a Pioneer head unit 50x4 watts, nothing special, but was a good working unit prior to removing the sub.

Thanks for the help and inquiries so far.

Pat

So today I bought a new head unit and installed it. There is still no music/sound coming from speakers. When the unit powers up there is a small 'pop' from the right rear speaker, but that is all.

The car has an alarm system installed prior to my ownership, could the alarm be interfering with the music?

Thanks,

Pat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.